Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > How to configure Call back on Aux Port with modem and Radius

How to configure Call back on Aux Port with modem and Radius

Newbie72

I want to setup callback on our cisco 2620. It used to work prior to
implementing radius authentication.

If I remove the aaa new model it works again but then radius
authenitcation does not. We have a modem connected to the aux port
which we use for exec dial-in to troubleshoot network outages.

Do I need a seperate async card to make this happen? can I set this up
on the Aux port with a external modem.

The router is a Cisco 2620 running 12.2.23a.

I found this document and it did not work.
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/...80093dc9.shtml

I have found several documents where a serial async card is used but
nothing with the aux port and I have been unable to modify those
examples to work on the aux port.

A little help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Newbie72

On Apr 1, 3:06*pm, Newbie72 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I want to setup callback on our cisco 2620. It used to work prior to
> implementing radius authentication.
>
> If I remove the aaa new model it works again but then radius
> authenitcation does not. We have a modem connected to the aux port
> which we use for exec dial-in to troubleshoot network outages.
>
> Do I need a seperate async card to make this happen? can I set this up
> on the Aux port with a external modem.
>
> The router is a Cisco 2620 running 12.2.23a.
>
> I found this document and it did not work.http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/...roducts_config...
>
> I have found several documents where a serial async card is used but
> nothing with the aux port and I have been unable to modify those
> examples to work on the aux port.
>
> A little help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,

This is what I tried so far.

username omitted nocallback-verify callback-dialstring phonenumber
password apasswrod
service exec-callback
chat-script offhook "" "ATH1" OK
chat-script rtp ABORT ERROR ABORT BUSY "" "AT" OK "ATDT \T" TIMEOUT 45
CONNECT \c
interface Async65
no ip address
encapsulation ppp
async mode dedicated
peer default ip address pool callback
ppp max-bad-auth 3
ppp callback accept
ppp authentication pap
line aux 0
script modem-off-hook offhook
script callback rtp
logging synchronous
modem InOut
modem autoconfigure type usr_sportster
transport input all
autoselect ppp
callback forced-wait 5
speed 115200
flowcontrol hardware

rob_67 rob_67 is offline
Junior Member

Hi,

do you have dialer interfaces, then for d-channel callback:

dialer caller <number> callback

or

on your isdn interface isdn caller <number> callback

or

you configure ppp callback (more lines).

You do not need a async interface and the radius authentication should work.

Regards,

rob