Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ResetPassword Requiring passwordAnswer

ResetPassword Requiring passwordAnswer

Vernon Peppers

I have a site that is using membership as provided with ASP.NET. I have a
page to reset the password, that is only available to the site administrator.
I have RequireQuestionandAnswer set to false.

web.config entries
<connectionStrings>
<add name="UserInfoConnectionString" connectionString="Data
Source=.\SQLEXPRESS;AttachDbFilename=|DataDirector y|\ASPNETDB.MDF;Integrated
Security=True;User Instance=True" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"/>
<add name="ASPNETDBConnectionString" connectionString="Data
Source=.\SQLEXPRESS;AttachDbFilename=|DataDirector y|\ASPNETDB.MDF;Integrated
Security=True;User Instance=True" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"/>
</connectionStrings>

<membership userIsOnlineTimeWindow="20">
<providers>
<add connectionStringName="UserInfoConnectionString"
enablePasswordRetrieval="false" enablePasswordReset="true"
requiresUniqueEmail="false" requiresQuestionAndAnswer="false"
maxInvalidPasswordAttempts="5" passwordFormat="Hashed" applicationName="/"
name="SQLProvider" type="System.Web.Security.SqlMembershipProvider"/>
</providers>
</membership>

VB Code
labelReset.Text = "Password for " & ddUsers.Text & vbCrLf & "has been
changed to " & User.ResetPassword()

Whenever I run the site, and try to reset a password, I get an error that
the passwordAnswer can't be null. How do I fix this?

Steven Cheng [MSFT]

Hi vpeppers,

Regarding on this issue, I've found your another cross thread in the same
newsgroup. I've replied you there and provide some suggestion. Welcome to
continue followup there if you have any further questions.

Sincerely,

Steven Cheng

Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

ications.