Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > 3620 need quick instructions

3620 need quick instructions

Sam

Hi guys
Im trying to load an IOS on a 3620 and im wondering what do i type for
interface
im in config and i try to type interface but its wrong
what is it ?

Trendkill

On Mar 31, 9:37 am, Sam <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi guys
> Im trying to load an IOS on a 3620 and im wondering what do i type for
> interface
> im in config and i try to type interface but its wrong
> what is it ?

Interface for what? config t, then interface?

Doug McIntyre

Sam <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>Im trying to load an IOS on a 3620 and im wondering what do i type for
>interface
>im in config and i try to type interface but its wrong
>what is it ?

The Cisco docs are really really good for beginners...

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/rout...e/37_swcf.html

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/...3600/index.htm

http://www-tss.cisco.com/eservice/co...os_upgrade.htm

Sam

On Mar 31, 10:10*am, Doug McIntyre <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Sam <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> >Im trying to load an IOS on a 3620 and im wondering what do i type for
> >interface
> >im in config and i try to type interface but its wrong
> >what is it ?

> The Cisco docs are really really good for beginners...
>
> http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/rout...tware/configur...
>
> http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/...acs_mod/cis360...
>
> http://www-tss.cisco.com/eservice/co...os_upgrade.htm

thanks guys. well i figured out how to load the ios the problem is i
loaded the wrong one and it exeeds the file size and now it forces it
to crash and brings me into rommon. i tried to do tftpdnld but its
not working. any ideas?

Doug McIntyre

Sam <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>On Mar 31, 10:10=A0am, Doug McIntyre <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Sam <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>> >Im trying to load an IOS on a 3620 and im wondering what do i type for
>> >interface
>> >im in config and i try to type interface but its wrong
>> >what is it ?

>> The Cisco docs are really really good for beginners...
>>
>> http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/rout...tware/configur...
>>
>> http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/...acs_mod/cis360...
>>
>> http://www-tss.cisco.com/eservice/co...os_upgrade.htm

>thanks guys. well i figured out how to load the ios the problem is i
>loaded the wrong one and it exeeds the file size and now it forces it
>to crash and brings me into rommon. i tried to do tftpdnld but its
>not working. any ideas?

IIRC, the 36xx platform doesn't *have* tftpdnld. This was the first
platform with the newstyle ROMMON that is still in current boxes, and
they just hadn't implemented it there yet.

You're down to doing an xmodem serial transfer over of the IOS image.

Hyperterminal does do xmodem correctly so this can work, just be
prepared to wait forever and a day.