Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Index creation In Java

Index creation In Java

sajid.ec@gmail.com

Hi

I have some 50 odd chapters as HTML files and I wanted to create an
index to search some patterns or display the contents when the file is
double clicked to open.
Can any body help me in this regard?.

Sajid

tzvika.barenholz@gmail.com

On Mar 31, 12:59 pm, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have some 50 odd chapters as HTML files and I wanted to create an
> index to search some patterns or display the contents when the file is
> double clicked to open.
> Can any body help me in this regard?.
>
> Sajid

Google Lucene

Chase Preuninger

If your talking about generating it using a servlet then put all
chapters in a folder then use the listFiles method in the file class
then process them ad make a nav bar.

http://groups.google.com/group/java-...loupment?hl=en

Roedy Green

On Mon, 31 Mar 2008 03:59:30 -0700 (PDT), http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote,

>I have some 50 odd chapters as HTML files and I wanted to create an
>index to search some patterns or display the contents when the file is
>double clicked to open.
>Can any body help me in this regard?.

I build an index of stuff in <DT> tags
It handle aliases too.

Have a look at http://mindprod.com/jgloss/jgloss.html
to see the end results.

It is pretty complicated, and designed purely for my own use. So you
would likely have to modify it for your own use.
--

Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
The Java Glossary