Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > When can I use all 8gigs of my memory MS???

When can I use all 8gigs of my memory MS???

Defjr

I would like a date that MS is going to have the +4 gigs of RAM issue fixed
on Vista Ultimate 64. Anyone have any info, as MS doesnt say a word? I have a
sweet machine that works beautifully......................If you discount the
8g RAM bug. I have all Vista 64 Certified components, and untill I ran into
this problem, there was no for-warning from MS. Its like if they ignore the
problem it will just go away. IM NOT GOING AWAY BILL GATES!! FIX YOUR
S@#T!!!!!

Charlie Russel - MVP

gosh, I'm sorry your machine doesn't work with 8 GB of RAM. All of mine do.

Yelling at us really won't help - we don't work for Microsoft, we're just
users. This isn't a monitored forum, but a peer-support newsgroup.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

"Defjr" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I would like a date that MS is going to have the +4 gigs of RAM issue fixed
> on Vista Ultimate 64. Anyone have any info, as MS doesnt say a word? I
> have a
> sweet machine that works beautifully......................If you discount
> the
> 8g RAM bug. I have all Vista 64 Certified components, and untill I ran
> into
> this problem, there was no for-warning from MS. Its like if they ignore
> the
> problem it will just go away. IM NOT GOING AWAY BILL GATES!! FIX YOUR
> S@#T!!!!!

Scrat

Look at your bios.

\s

miso@sushi.com

On Mar 30, 3:48 pm, Defjr <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I would like a date that MS is going to have the +4 gigs of RAM issue fixed
> on Vista Ultimate 64. Anyone have any info, as MS doesnt say a word? I have a
> sweet machine that works beautifully......................If you discount the
> 8g RAM bug. I have all Vista 64 Certified components, and untill I ran into
> this problem, there was no for-warning from MS. Its like if they ignore the
> problem it will just go away. IM NOT GOING AWAY BILL GATES!! FIX YOUR
> S@#T!!!!!

Bios memory remap.

This 4 and 8 G talk doesn't make much sense. If you can't do 4, you
can't do 8.

Dustin Harper

It works fine. What hardware are you using? Maybe it's a conflict between
some of your hardware. Some motherboards are finicky with the types and
brands of RAM they use. What kind of bugs are you experiencing?

--

Dustin Harper

"Defjr" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I would like a date that MS is going to have the +4 gigs of RAM issue fixed
> on Vista Ultimate 64. Anyone have any info, as MS doesnt say a word? I
> have a
> sweet machine that works beautifully......................If you discount
> the
> 8g RAM bug. I have all Vista 64 Certified components, and untill I ran
> into
> this problem, there was no for-warning from MS. Its like if they ignore
> the
> problem it will just go away. IM NOT GOING AWAY BILL GATES!! FIX YOUR
> S@#T!!!!!

Theo

You need to check the capabilities of your motherboard
carefully.

I have 8GB DDR2-400 installed on a Biostar TA770 A2+ running
both Vista x64 and Win XP x64 and all 8GB are visible and
available to both systems.

Windows is not the problem, it's your hardware causing the
problem!

Defjr wrote:
> I would like a date that MS is going to have the +4 gigs of RAM issue fixed
> on Vista Ultimate 64. Anyone have any info, as MS doesnt say a word? I have a
> sweet machine that works beautifully......................If you discount the
> 8g RAM bug. I have all Vista 64 Certified components, and untill I ran into
> this problem, there was no for-warning from MS. Its like if they ignore the
> problem it will just go away. IM NOT GOING AWAY BILL GATES!! FIX YOUR
> S@#T!!!!!

Theo

You need to check the capabilities of your motherboard
carefully.

I have 8GB DDR2-800 installed on a Biostar TA770 A2+ running

Defjr wrote:
> I would like a date that MS is going to have the +4 gigs of RAM issue fixed
> on Vista Ultimate 64. Anyone have any info, as MS doesnt say a word? I have a
> sweet machine that works beautifully......................If you discount the
> 8g RAM bug. I have all Vista 64 Certified components, and untill I ran into
> this problem, there was no for-warning from MS. Its like if they ignore the
> problem it will just go away. IM NOT GOING AWAY BILL GATES!! FIX YOUR
> S@#T!!!!!

Tom Lake

"Theo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...

> Windows is not the problem, it's your hardware causing the problem!

Not necessarily. There are examples of software that won't run
with more than 4 GB RAM installed even though the hardware is perfect.
Hauppauge's PVR software is one example.

Tom Lake

Colin Barnhorst

It isn't a Windows problem. It is a problem with some consumer mobos,
especially ones that use nVidia chipsets. If you are using pc6400 ram
reduce the dram speed to 667.
\
"Defjr" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I would like a date that MS is going to have the +4 gigs of RAM issue fixed
> on Vista Ultimate 64. Anyone have any info, as MS doesnt say a word? I
> have a
> sweet machine that works beautifully......................If you discount
> the
> 8g RAM bug. I have all Vista 64 Certified components, and untill I ran
> into
> this problem, there was no for-warning from MS. Its like if they ignore
> the
> problem it will just go away. IM NOT GOING AWAY BILL GATES!! FIX YOUR
> S@#T!!!!!

Colin Barnhorst

It isn't the amount of ram. It is the number of memory sticks. Its the
fourth stick that is an issue with some mobos. Four sticks at 667 seems to
work but not 800.