Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Re: SQL Server does not exist or access denied.

Re: SQL Server does not exist or access denied.

John Toop

Hi, I had the same issues. I ended up learning more about SQL that I had
intended. In the end I discovered that GrocerToGo had not been installed
somehow. I think the install process had pooped out before it got to that
part. I found a sql file and ran it through osql (search your pc for *.sql
and you will find the grocer.sql)

There's a file that's installed with the quickstart

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET
2003\SDK\v1.1\Samples\Setup\html\ConfigDetails.htm

is the path on my pc. It outlines how to setup the permissions - how it did
that.

I had installed the 1.0 framework and the ConfigDetails.htm was clearer in
that version that it was in the 1.1 documentation.

From a dos prompt I was able to type

osql -S MACHINE223\NetSDK -E

This gave me a 1> prompt which meant I was connected

I saw from the 7th line of grocer.sql that the database name was GrocerToGo
so I tried

use GrocerToGo
go

This initially gave me an error which indicated that the database was not
installed. I ran the sql through it with the -i switch and then I had to
setup the permissions again sp_grantlogin and sp_grantdbaccess and
sp_addrolemember just like in the ConfigDetails.htm file above.

That solved my issues. I hope it will help you.

news:071601c34ffa$9a91a380$(E-Mail Removed)...