Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Re: Retrieving value from a textbox in another web form

Re: Retrieving value from a textbox in another web form

Steve C. Orr, MCSD

Here's a nice, simple way to pass values from one page to another:
(VB.NET code)

'Add data to the context object before transferring
Context.Items("myParameter") = x
Server.Transfer("WebForm2.aspx")

Then, in WebForm2.aspx:

'Grab data from the context property
Dim x as Integer = CType(Context.Items("myParameter"),Integer)

Of course there are a number of ways to pass values from one page to
another, such as using the querystring, cookies, session,
context, saving to a temporary table in the database between each page, etc.
You'll have to decide which technique is best for your application.
Here are several good articles on the subject to help you decide.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/is...e/default.aspx

http://www.aspalliance.com/kenc/passval.aspx

http://www.dotnetjunkies.com/tutoria...tutorialid=600

I hope this helps,
Steve C. Orr, MCSD
http://Steve.Orr.net

news:047201c34feb$80ede8d0$(E-Mail Removed)...