Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > home repair of digital camera

home repair of digital camera

Doug Smith

Anyone out there have any experience with doing a DIY home repair of a
digital camera. I have a Nikon S500 that needs a new lens assembly.
The parts are $10, labour is $150. I have access to a Class 100 clean
environment (no dust problems) and I'm fairly handy with
electromechanical assemblies. I would go ahead with the repair myself
but it's probably one of those things that once you start you can't turn
back.

thanks