Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > How to uninstall apple safari for windows

How to uninstall apple safari for windows

LewG

This program is very unstable in my system (XP SP1) so I want to
uninstall it. There is no link for this in the software package that I
can see. Is there a way to root out all its parts, or should I just
trash the whole folder?
TIA.

Steve Freides

"LewG" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> This program is very unstable in my system (XP SP1) so I want to
> uninstall it. There is no link for this in the software package that I
> can see. Is there a way to root out all its parts, or should I just
> trash the whole folder?
> TIA.

1. Apply XP SP2 - no reason not to that I'm aware of.

2. Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs - find Safari and uninstall from
there.

I don't have Safari so I can't say I've actually done this, but there is
no reason I can see it shouldn't work.

-S-
http://www.kbnj.com

LewG

Steve--

That worked well. Thanks. Why I don't install SP2? There were
problems reported for SP2 when it first became available, so I decided
to wait. Now I have so many programs and data files that backing up
would be very cumbersome and take lots of time. I get along pretty
well as is, so I'll wait for a new computer to get SP2 or Vista.

Lew

Steve Freides wrote:
> "LewG" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > This program is very unstable in my system (XP SP1) so I want to
> > uninstall it. There is no link for this in the software package that I
> > can see. Is there a way to root out all its parts, or should I just
> > trash the whole folder?
> > TIA.

> 1. Apply XP SP2 - no reason not to that I'm aware of.
>
> 2. Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs - find Safari and uninstall from
> there.
>
> I don't have Safari so I can't say I've actually done this, but there is
> no reason I can see it shouldn't work.
>
> -S-
> http://www.kbnj.com

ded

"LewG" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> This program is very unstable in my system (XP SP1) so I want to
> uninstall it. There is no link for this in the software package that I
> can see. Is there a way to root out all its parts, or should I just
> trash the whole folder?
> TIA.

From what I can discern, Safari for Windows is still only beta version,
and you are a googler and you have XP without SP2?
Upgrade XP to SP2 and give that priority.
Never install beta software, you really need to know what you
are doing and to be prepared for the worse with beta versions
of any application.

As for uninstalling the Windows version of Apples Safari browser,
a quick scour of google seems to indicate it is well within Apples
usual remit (as with iTunes etc) of taking over and be extremely
tricky to be rid of, and further googling reveals it is a variant of
the excellent Firefox but without FF's style and was made "too
different".
You can type into a search engine: "uninstall Safari for Windows"
and read through all the results of how others have found it a
nightmare, but you may find a solution in there somewhere......

Steve Freides

"LewG" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Steve--
>
> That worked well. Thanks. Why I don't install SP2? There were
> problems reported for SP2 when it first became available, so I decided
> to wait. Now I have so many programs and data files that backing up
> would be very cumbersome and take lots of time. I get along pretty
> well as is, so I'll wait for a new computer to get SP2 or Vista.
>
> Lew

If you apply SP2 and the updates that follow it, you will be _much_
better off than if you don't. No need to backup your machine, IMHO. I
have applied SP2 to dozens of machines with zero problems.

-S-

> Steve Freides wrote:
>> "LewG" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > This program is very unstable in my system (XP SP1) so I want to
>> > uninstall it. There is no link for this in the software package
>> > that I
>> > can see. Is there a way to root out all its parts, or should I just
>> > trash the whole folder?
>> > TIA.

>> 1. Apply XP SP2 - no reason not to that I'm aware of.
>>
>> 2. Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs - find Safari and uninstall
>> from
>> there.
>>
>> I don't have Safari so I can't say I've actually done this, but there
>> is
>> no reason I can see it shouldn't work.
>>
>> -S-
>> http://www.kbnj.com

JANA

You should install SP2. There are many improvements and very important
issues for protection.

Make an image copy of your hard disk if you feel insecure about installing
SP2. We use Norton Ghost, and image our computers to external hard drives.
If something goes wrong, I can have a system back up and running in about 15
minutes while I am having a coffee break.

--

JANA
_____