Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Microsoft Outlook

Microsoft Outlook

Owen

I had to reinstall Windows XP recently and in process lost Outlook together
with Address Book and recent e mails. Any way of recovering these?

Thanks

What's in a Name?

Owen on 3/29/2008 in <fslvmv$ulj$(E-Mail Removed)> after much
thought,came up with this jewel:
> I had to reinstall Windows XP recently and in process lost Outlook together
> with Address Book and recent e mails. Any way of recovering these?
>
> Thanks

Are you talking about Outlook or Outlook Express?
Outlook uses .pst and Outlook Express uses .dbx + .wab format. Search
the drive(s) for those extensions.

--
Virus Removal http://max.shplink.com/removal.html
Keep Clean http://max.shplink.com/keepingclean.html

Owen

Thanks for help, I use Outlook , archive file is ".pst" ,most of which I
have recovered
Owen

"What's in a Name?" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
> Owen on 3/29/2008 in <fslvmv$ulj$(E-Mail Removed)> after much
> thought,came up with this jewel:
> > I had to reinstall Windows XP recently and in process lost Outlook

together
> > with Address Book and recent e mails. Any way of recovering these?
> >
> > Thanks

> Are you talking about Outlook or Outlook Express?
> Outlook uses .pst and Outlook Express uses .dbx + .wab format. Search
> the drive(s) for those extensions.
>
> --
> Virus Removal http://max.shplink.com/removal.html
> Keep Clean http://max.shplink.com/keepingclean.html
> Tools http://max.shplink.com/tools.html
> Change nomail.afraid.org to gmail.com to reply by email.
> I was lost,but now I'm blind.

What's in a Name?

"Owen" <(E-Mail Removed)> after much thought,came up with this jewel in
news:fsu9p2$q17$(E-Mail Removed):

> Thanks for help, I use Outlook , archive file is ".pst" ,most of
> which I have recovered
> Owen

Glad to hear you got most of it back. I'll bet you'll make regular
backups in the future.

max