Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > Microsoft Certification > MCSD retirement?

MCSD retirement?

Bardia The Don

Hi
I want to prepare myself for MCSD certification .I think this website is
helpful.I read somewhere that MCSD certification will be retired in year
2009.is this really accurated?what is the exact time for retirement?I`m
currently going to take 70-300 exam in the next two weeks,and other three
exams plus 70-431 exam in next couple of months.

Gerry

March 2009 is the date the MCSD certification will retire.

Gerry

"Bardia The Don" <Bardia The http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
> I want to prepare myself for MCSD certification .I think this website is
> helpful.I read somewhere that MCSD certification will be retired in year
> 2009.is this really accurated?what is the exact time for retirement?I`m
> currently going to take 70-300 exam in the next two weeks,and other three
> exams plus 70-431 exam in next couple of months.

Lawrence Garvin [MVP]

"Gerry" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Bardia The Don" <Bardia The (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi
>> I want to prepare myself for MCSD certification .I think this website is
>> helpful.I read somewhere that MCSD certification will be retired in year
>> 2009.is this really accurated?what is the exact time for retirement?I`m
>> currently going to take 70-300 exam in the next two weeks,and other three
>> exams plus 70-431 exam in next couple of months.

> March 2009 is the date the MCSD certification will retire.

As noted in another thread -- technically this is an inaccurate answer.

The core exams that are required to earn the MCSD will retire in March,
2009, as will most (but not all!) of the electives.

One of the electives for the MCSD is the 70-431 (SQL 2005) which can be
expected to be around for at least the next 3-5 years.

One need only complete the four core exams by March, 2009. Either of the two
remaining electives could be completed at any time up until *they* expire,
and one would be awarded the MCSD.

Furthemore, *certifications* do not expire, at all. They just float out to
see, as useless as a 14' fishing skiff with no motor in a gale force wind.

--
Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP, MCBMSP, MCTS(x4), MCP
Microsoft MVP - Software Distribution (2005-200

http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com

Gerry

Lawrence, although the electives may be avaialble, you will NOT be able to
acquire the certification after March 2009. Trust me on this. I know what
I am talking about.

The certifications will move to a section of the transcript titled Retired.

Gerry

"Lawrence Garvin [MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Gerry" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>> "Bardia The Don" <Bardia The (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Hi
>>> I want to prepare myself for MCSD certification .I think this website is
>>> helpful.I read somewhere that MCSD certification will be retired in year
>>> 2009.is this really accurated?what is the exact time for retirement?I`m
>>> currently going to take 70-300 exam in the next two weeks,and other
>>> three
>>> exams plus 70-431 exam in next couple of months.

>> March 2009 is the date the MCSD certification will retire.

> As noted in another thread -- technically this is an inaccurate answer.
>
> The core exams that are required to earn the MCSD will retire in March,
> 2009, as will most (but not all!) of the electives.
>
> One of the electives for the MCSD is the 70-431 (SQL 2005) which can be
> expected to be around for at least the next 3-5 years.
>
> One need only complete the four core exams by March, 2009. Either of the
> two remaining electives could be completed at any time up until *they*
> expire, and one would be awarded the MCSD.
>
> Furthemore, *certifications* do not expire, at all. They just float out to
> see, as useless as a 14' fishing skiff with no motor in a gale force wind.
>

> --
> Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP, MCBMSP, MCTS(x4), MCP
> Senior Data Architect, APQC, Houston, Texas
> Microsoft MVP - Software Distribution (2005-200

> http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com

Lawrence Garvin [MVP]

"Gerry" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Lawrence, although the electives may be avaialble, you will NOT be able to
> acquire the certification after March 2009. Trust me on this. I know
> what I am talking about.

Yes.. I noticed your personal claim of knowledge in another newsgroup.

> The certifications will move to a section of the transcript titled
> Retired.

I'll ask the same question here, that I asked there.

Do you have a =reference= for this information? Preferably one with a
microsoft.com URL!

MCSD vs MCSD.net Maria MCSD 0 07-18-2003 09:26 PM
MCSD vs MCSD.net Georges MCSD 0 07-18-2003 06:19 PM
Re: MCSD vb6 - is it worth it? MCSD v6 exams expiring in 2004 Davin MCSD 0 06-30-2003 03:26 PM
Re: MCSD vb6 - is it worth it? MCSD v6 exams expiring in 2004 Cindy Winegarden MCSD 0 06-29-2003 07:42 PM
How to upgrade from MCSD to MCSD.Net? Deena MCSD 1 06-29-2003 10:53 AM

Advertisments