Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > new network

new network

=?Utf-8?B?Qko=?=

Just set up a network using linksys wireless-G. The computer with the router
can access my second compute rbut the second computer can not access the
computer with the router. It states that the network path is not found. It
was accessible on the previous day. ??

Eric Cross [MVP]

Greetings BJ,

If any of the computers have the Windows Firewall enabled, make sure it is
properly configured for file and printer sharing. With Windows Firewall
enabled, go to the Exception tab, and click to check the File and Printer
Sharing checkbox. If you've installed a third party firewall program
(Norton, McAfee, PC-cillin, eTrust, ZoneAlarm, etc), make sure that it's
configured to allow access on the local area network.

Eric Cross
Microsoft MVP (Windows Networking)
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

news:(E-Mail Removed)...