Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Nikkor AF-S silent wave 80-200 user guide...?

Nikkor AF-S silent wave 80-200 user guide...?

john

Help! I just purchased a Nikkor AF-S silent wave 80-200 used, but it
came without a user manual. I didn't think much of it since everything
is on the internet these days... well everything except a user manual
for this lens. Does anyone know where I can find it in .pdf or even
paper? Bear in mind that this is the silent wave version that was
supplanted by the 70-200 VR (2004 I think was the last year), not the
AF-D version that is still in production.

I even called Nikon and they could not find one (not sure what to make
of that... but the guy did try, and even made out a job ref number.)

Did anyone happen to save a pdf back when (or if) they were available?

Thanks
John

nospam

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, john
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Help! I just purchased a Nikkor AF-S silent wave 80-200 used, but it
> came without a user manual. I didn't think much of it since everything
> is on the internet these days... well everything except a user manual
> for this lens. Does anyone know where I can find it in .pdf or even
> paper? Bear in mind that this is the silent wave version that was
> supplanted by the 70-200 VR (2004 I think was the last year), not the
> AF-D version that is still in production.

there's not a whole lot to it. what problems are you having?

on a digital camera, set the f/stop to the minimum, which on that lens
is f/22. the buttons on the barrel are focus lock. m/a is autofocus
with full time manual override and m is manual focus only. the distance
switch is a focus limiter. not much else to it.

me@mine.net

On Sat, 29 Mar 2008 00:06:46 -0500, in rec.photo.digital john
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Help! I just purchased a Nikkor AF-S silent wave 80-200 used, but it
>came without a user manual. I didn't think much of it since everything
>is on the internet these days... well everything except a user manual
>for this lens. Does anyone know where I can find it in .pdf or even
>paper? Bear in mind that this is the silent wave version that was
>supplanted by the 70-200 VR (2004 I think was the last year), not the
>AF-D version that is still in production.
>
>I even called Nikon and they could not find one (not sure what to make
>of that... but the guy did try, and even made out a job ref number.)
>
>Did anyone happen to save a pdf back when (or if) they were available?

No listing for any 80-200 at:
http://support.nikontech.com/cgi-bin...i=&p_topview=1

What do you want to know?

Cynicor

> On Sat, 29 Mar 2008 00:06:46 -0500, in rec.photo.digital john
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Help! I just purchased a Nikkor AF-S silent wave 80-200 used, but it
>> came without a user manual. I didn't think much of it since everything
>> is on the internet these days... well everything except a user manual
>> for this lens. Does anyone know where I can find it in .pdf or even
>> paper? Bear in mind that this is the silent wave version that was
>> supplanted by the 70-200 VR (2004 I think was the last year), not the
>> AF-D version that is still in production.
>>
>> I even called Nikon and they could not find one (not sure what to make
>> of that... but the guy did try, and even made out a job ref number.)
>>
>> Did anyone happen to save a pdf back when (or if) they were available?

> No listing for any 80-200 at:
> http://support.nikontech.com/cgi-bin...i=&p_topview=1
>
> What do you want to know?

Just take the guide for the 80-400 and cut it in half.

me@mine.net

On Sat, 29 Mar 2008 09:40:46 -0400, in rec.photo.digital Cynicor
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> On Sat, 29 Mar 2008 00:06:46 -0500, in rec.photo.digital john
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>> Help! I just purchased a Nikkor AF-S silent wave 80-200 used, but it
>>> came without a user manual. I didn't think much of it since everything
>>> is on the internet these days... well everything except a user manual
>>> for this lens. Does anyone know where I can find it in .pdf or even
>>> paper? Bear in mind that this is the silent wave version that was
>>> supplanted by the 70-200 VR (2004 I think was the last year), not the
>>> AF-D version that is still in production.
>>>
>>> I even called Nikon and they could not find one (not sure what to make
>>> of that... but the guy did try, and even made out a job ref number.)
>>>
>>> Did anyone happen to save a pdf back when (or if) they were available?

>> No listing for any 80-200 at:
>> http://support.nikontech.com/cgi-bin...i=&p_topview=1
>>
>> What do you want to know?

>Just take the guide for the 80-400 and cut it in half.

But wouldn't that end up with a 40-200?

armpit

"john" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Help! I just purchased a Nikkor AF-S silent wave 80-200 used, but it
> came without a user manual. I didn't think much of it since everything
> is on the internet these days... well everything except a user manual
> for this lens. Does anyone know where I can find it in .pdf or even
> paper? Bear in mind that this is the silent wave version that was
> supplanted by the 70-200 VR (2004 I think was the last year), not the
> AF-D version that is still in production.
>
> I even called Nikon and they could not find one (not sure what to make
> of that... but the guy did try, and even made out a job ref number.)
>
> Did anyone happen to save a pdf back when (or if) they were available?
>
> Thanks
> John

Is it listed here?: http://www.craigcamera.com/ib_n.htm

Is the manual listed as #NIK-1271 the one you are looking for?

john

good info,

thanks to all.

John