Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Help with connecting 2 computers

Help with connecting 2 computers

Starvoyager

HI, I have a emachines desktop with Vista premium and a Alienware notebook
with Xp Home. I need to sync files between the two machines and I cant find
any specific info on how to do it. My desktop is connected to a comcast cable
modem with a lynksys wireless router connected. (my brother uses his laptop
with a internal wireless card to connect to the router). I have a lynksys WI
FI card for the alienware notebook. How do I link the desktop and the
alienware notebook?
The alienware notebook is recognizing the network that I setup on the router.

Where do I go and what do I do in windows to set this up? Ive been online
searching for info and I know its probably out there but I cant seem to find
it.
I found alot of pages on what I can do but nothing specific on how to do it.

I hope this doesnt sound stupid cause I know there is a ton of info out there.
I just need to sync files from one to the other. I downloaded a sync program
called "beinsync" and I will gladly buy it if I can get a handle on it.
thanks in advance for any help.

Greg

Ken Triebold

On the Vista desktop, if you click on Start, then Help and Support, then in
the search box type in "Sync Files", there is some info that may be of help
to you. Also, there is lots of info at www.ezlan.net regarding networking.

"Starvoyager" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> HI, I have a emachines desktop with Vista premium and a Alienware notebook
> with Xp Home. I need to sync files between the two machines and I cant
> find
> any specific info on how to do it. My desktop is connected to a comcast
> cable
> modem with a lynksys wireless router connected. (my brother uses his
> laptop
> with a internal wireless card to connect to the router). I have a lynksys
> WI
> FI card for the alienware notebook. How do I link the desktop and the
> alienware notebook?
> The alienware notebook is recognizing the network that I setup on the
> router.
>
> Where do I go and what do I do in windows to set this up? Ive been online
> searching for info and I know its probably out there but I cant seem to
> find
> it.
> I found alot of pages on what I can do but nothing specific on how to do
> it.
>
> I hope this doesnt sound stupid cause I know there is a ton of info out
> there.
> I just need to sync files from one to the other. I downloaded a sync
> program
> called "beinsync" and I will gladly buy it if I can get a handle on it.
> thanks in advance for any help.
>
> Greg

Starvoyager

Thanks I'll check out those items.