Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Siemens C475IP

Siemens C475IP

mymail@hotmail.co.uk

On Sun, 27 Apr 2008 17:13:21 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>In news:(E-Mail Removed),
>(E-Mail Removed) <(E-Mail Removed)> typed, for some strange,
>unexplained reason:
>: On Sun, 27 Apr 2008 01:46:57 -0700 (PDT), http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
>: wrote:
>:
>: >I just got the S685IP from Hip-IP last week, they arrived day after
>: >the order. The bluetooth is a great extra, I can walk around the
>: >office with my bluetooth headset in. I am not sure about the HDSP as
>: >yet, do not think i have used the phone enought to notice a
>: >difference. Generally though it seems to be a good piece of kit, i am
>: >going to get some additional handsets now.
>:
>: Oh dear Oh dear Oh dear more spam Ivor will not be very pleased to see
>: more of it in HIS group .
>
>The only thing I'm not pleased about seeing right now Ron is YOU.
>
>Ivor

The feeling is mutual **** OFF

Ivor Jones

: <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
:
: >In news:(E-Mail Removed),
: >(E-Mail Removed) <(E-Mail Removed)> typed, for some strange,
: >unexplained reason:
: >: On Sun, 27 Apr 2008 01:46:57 -0700 (PDT), (E-Mail Removed)
: >:
: >: Oh dear Oh dear Oh dear more spam Ivor will not be very pleased to
: >: see more of it in HIS group .
: >
: >The only thing I'm not pleased about seeing right now Ron is YOU.
: >
: >Ivor
: The feeling is mutual **** OFF

You first.

Ivor

Tim

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> I just got the S685IP from Hip-IP last week, they arrived day after
> the order. The bluetooth is a great extra, I can walk around the
> office with my bluetooth headset in. I am not sure about the HDSP as
> yet, do not think i have used the phone enought to notice a
> difference. Generally though it seems to be a good piece of kit, i am
> going to get some additional handsets now.
>
> http://www.hip-ip.com/product/voip-p...-ip-dect-phone

At least change computers if you are going to promote your own webshop
and pretend to be a customer.

Tim

Gordon Henderson

In article <o7CdncztAoPI54vVnZ2dnUVZ8saonZ2d@plusnet>,
Martin² <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Does this phone (or the C460IP) work well (i.e. no dropouts in conversation)
>with routers without QoS ?

Even if your router has QoS, you're still at the mercy of the "global
Internet".

This is the biggest single challenge I have dealing with SMEs - get them
to get a decent business quality ISP and the rest is easy. (Or better
still, a separate business quality ISP just for VoIP)

Although the home user might be willing to put up with a slghtly lesser
quality (for cheaper calls!) than a business user, so it's horses for
courses..

My own experiences of the C460IP has been good[1] - One site I setup has
3 remote shops on home quality broadband, and HQ on a good business
broadband (with a QoS router) and they're working adequately, but I've
set the codec to the remote phones to be G726.

Gordon
[1] Except that they need regular rebooting in a busy environment and if
anyone recalls, I was going to do that with cheap plug-in timers, which I
did and they're all working perfectly now - 3 in HQ and 3 remote.

Gordon Henderson

In article <3eSdnXUiGfgUJYrVnZ2dnUVZ8qOknZ2d@plusnet>,
Martin² <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Thanks Gordon.
>I have found that setting the up the QoS on my Draytek 2600VG router made
>significant difference to my VoIP calls,

I've used 2600's in the past with good results. However they seem to have
bugs with NAT handling. Not sure if I've found a good replacement for
them yet though - currently looking at Zyxels...

>but then there are two other users unpredictably using the BB.

The QoS (traffic shaping) will help with uploads, but not do much for
downloads.

>Now, because persistent problems on the line, we have switched to 2WIRE
>(BT1801HG) router which can cope with the dodgy line and has better (400mW
>?) wireless performance, but no VoIP or QoS.

You could put a 2nd router (one with 2 ethernet interfaces) after the
2wire router, but it them becomes messy..

>I have acquired a Senao WiFi phone, but it doesn't work very well (see other
>post).
>I am thus tempted by the Siemens, but worried about call quality.

I'm not a fan of Wi-Fi phones, but saying that, I have a nokia E90 and
it's been working very well - however my desk is only a few metres away
from the base station and the Wi-Fi network is very lightly loaded.

The coverage from the Siemens units has been very good - especially if
you mount their base stations on a suitable wall.

Gordon

Ian Pawson

Martin² wrote:
> Thanks Gordon.
> I have found that setting the up the QoS on my Draytek 2600VG router made
> significant difference to my VoIP calls,
> but then there are two other users unpredictably using the BB.
> Now, because persistent problems on the line, we have switched to 2WIRE
> (BT1801HG) router which can cope with the dodgy line and has better (400mW
> ?) wireless performance, but no VoIP or QoS.
> I have acquired a Senao WiFi phone, but it doesn't work very well (see other
> post).
> I am thus tempted by the Siemens, but worried about call quality.
> Regards,
> Martin

So far, very pleased with the voice quality