Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > General Computer Support > Admin Messing with HOSTS file

Admin Messing with HOSTS file

stormgirlz stormgirlz is offline
Junior Member

One of our IT staff has decided to alter our hosts files as and when he needs to install programmes on our computers. As an example I asked for a programme to be installed and when I returned I had lost access to Facebook and Hotmail. Upon browsing the web I discovered the location of the HOSTS file and found it had been modified while my computer was being upgraded with the new programme. When I attempted to delete the latest additions to the file it said I was not allowed to modify these as I did not have administrator rights. I know you cant modify the HOSTS file in SafeMode, is there any other way around this?
Cheers
Storm