Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > General Computer Support > Admin Messing with HOSTS file

Admin Messing with HOSTS file

03-28-2008
One of our IT staff has decided to alter our hosts files as and when he needs to install programmes on our computers. As an example I asked for a programme to be installed and when I returned I had lost access to Facebook and Hotmail. Upon browsing the web I discovered the location of the HOSTS file and found it had been modified while my computer was being upgraded with the new programme. When I attempted to delete the latest additions to the file it said I was not allowed to modify these as I did not have administrator rights. I know you cant modify the HOSTS file in SafeMode, is there any other way around this?
Cheers
Storm