Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Comparing Images

Comparing Images

Maxus

Hi Everyone,

Just wondering if anyone knew of a way to compare images and getting a
nearest matching image out of a collection of images of diffrent
sizes, colors, etc. Ideally want to compare the general shape of the
main features in the image, would be nice if it also compared the
average color value. I've done a bit of hunting on google and only
really come up with solutions that match pictures based on their file
hash value or solutions that are pure math without some general guides
on implementation in C#.

Thanks in advance,
Max

Peter Bromberg [C# MVP]

I think you want to look for something closer to face recognition or motion
detection algorithms, or a classifier type of neural net.
-- Peter
Site: http://www.eggheadcafe.com
Short Urls & more: http://ittyurl.net

"Maxus" wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> Just wondering if anyone knew of a way to compare images and getting a
> nearest matching image out of a collection of images of diffrent
> sizes, colors, etc. Ideally want to compare the general shape of the
> main features in the image, would be nice if it also compared the
> average color value. I've done a bit of hunting on google and only
> really come up with solutions that match pictures based on their file
> hash value or solutions that are pure math without some general guides
> on implementation in C#.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Max

Maxus

On Mar 29, 1:35 am, Peter Bromberg [C# MVP]
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I think you want to look for something closer to face recognition or motion
> detection algorithms, or a classifier type of neural net.
> -- Peter
> Site:http://www.eggheadcafe.com
> UnBlog:http://petesbloggerama.blogspot.com
> Short Urls & more:http://ittyurl.net
>

> "Maxus" wrote:
> > Hi Everyone,

> > Just wondering if anyone knew of a way to compare images and getting a
> > nearest matching image out of a collection of images of diffrent
> > sizes, colors, etc. Ideally want to compare the general shape of the
> > main features in the image, would be nice if it also compared the
> > average color value. I've done a bit of hunting on google and only
> > really come up with solutions that match pictures based on their file
> > hash value or solutions that are pure math without some general guides
> > on implementation in C#.

> > Thanks in advance,
> > Max- Hide quoted text -

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your feedback; to be honest it's to make a simple piece of
software that generates those mosaic pictures, just a simple personal
project. Can you provide some reference material explaining some of
the mentioned suggestions? I have looked over those topics previously,
but had difficulty finding a way to use them.

Thanks,
Max

Alexey Smirnov

On Mar 28, 6:08*am, Maxus <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I've done a bit of hunting on google and only
> really come up with solutions that match pictures based on their file
> hash value or solutions that are pure math without some general guides
> on implementation in C#.

C# implementation
http://www.codeproject.com/KB/GDI-pl...ingimages.aspx
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...ages+hash+.net