Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Devices::Modem?

Devices::Modem?

Keith Lee

All:
Is this module downloadable in executable form; or, is it only available for download in source code? I need it
for Linux. Thank you.

Keith Lee

Jim Gibson

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Keith Lee
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> All:
> Is this module downloadable in executable form; or, is it only available for
> download in source code? I need it
> for Linux. Thank you.

There is a "Device::Modem" module available at search.cpan.org. Like
all Perl CPAN modules, it is available there in source form:

<http://search.cpan.org/~cosimo/Device-Modem-1.48/docs/Device-Modem.pod>

There really isn't any such thing as an executable Perl module. You
have to go to some trouble to package an executable Perl program as a
stand-alone binary, and I don't see how that would even apply to
modules. There may be some way to save and distribute Perl byte code
for a module, but that is not usually done.

FYI: this newsgroup is defunct. Try comp.lang.perl.misc for general
Perl questions and comp.lang.perl.modules for questions on Perl
modules.

--
Jim Gibson

http://www.usenet.com