Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > asa 5505 not nat problem

asa 5505 not nat problem

richard pijlgroms

Hello,

We try to install a 5505 with no nat-control. We have public addresses
(subnet) for outside and public for inside. But we cannot route between
the two interfaces. We turn off nat-control and we removed all nat
lines.
We put in an ACL to allow traffic from outside to inside. (outside sec=0
inside sec=100) But in the syslogs we get the message while doing an
ping or trace from the ASDM tools: unable to get next hop for
xx.xx.xx.xx where xx is on our inside interface. We only put in a static
route for the outside interface. 0.0.0.0/24 to next hop.

The asa is on a dmz_restricted license. Can that be the problem ? Or are
we missing something ??

We are using pix 506 for a while like this but the asa is a little
different in this

richard pijlgroms

richard pijlgroms <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

1 strange behauvior: we opened up the telnet on the outside interface
but we get connected but no login string.

asdm works perfect, we can manage only from outside.