Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Networking XP with Vista

Networking XP with Vista

leonardsway

First time here so hello!
I have an XP Home SP2 PC, a Vista Home Premium laptop and an Orange Livebox
router. My network is all set up, I can see each computer from each other and
open my Vista laptop from my PC but not the XP PC from the laptop.

When I try i get this message

\\PC is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network
reource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have
access permissions.

Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at
this computer

I read an article that said to change a setting in the local security
policy, however I believe that XP Home does not have this facility

PLEASE help as this is driving me nuts. Many thanks in anticipation of your
help

Leonard

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi