Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > IT Service desk job - if anyone is interested.

Reply
Thread Tools

IT Service desk job - if anyone is interested.

 
 
thingy
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-27-2008
Client Service Analyst - Desktop

Information Technology Services

You will provide first and second level support for our computing needs.

Your key responsibilities will be fostering excellent client
relationships, providing timely and appropriate solutions to IT problems
and keeping abreast of technical innovations underway and within the
wider IT industry.

A relevant IT qualification, tertiary qualification or proven experience
in an IT support role would be an advantage for this demanding role.

Closing Date: Friday 4 April

To avoid spam, Drop me an email with your CV and I will forward it.

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

regards

thing


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
EMB
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-27-2008
thingy wrote:
> Client Service Analyst - Desktop
>


Located approximately where?
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
thingy
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-27-2008
EMB wrote:
> thingy wrote:
>> Client Service Analyst - Desktop
>>

>
> Located approximately where?



oops

Wellington.

regards

Thing
 
Reply With Quote
 
Smoking Causes Lung Cancer (SCLC)
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-28-2008
On Fri, 28 Mar 2008 11:19:00 +1300, thingy wrote:

>> Located approximately where?

>
> oops
>
> Wellington.
>
> regards
> Thing


For what corporation or company?


--
Smoking Causes Lung Cancer

Franklin D Roosevelt: "We have always known that heedless self-interest
was bad morals; we know now that it is bad economics."
 
Reply With Quote
 
JohnO
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-28-2008
On Mar 27, 10:19 pm, thingy <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> EMB wrote:
> > thingy wrote:
> >> Client Service Analyst - Desktop

>
> > Located approximately where?

>
> oops
>
> Wellington.
>
> regards
>
> Thing


There's a Wellington in Mumbai?
 
Reply With Quote
 
Bobs
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-28-2008
thingy wrote:
> Client Service Analyst - Desktop
>
> Information Technology Services
>
> You will provide first and second level support for our computing needs.
>
> Your key responsibilities will be fostering excellent client
> relationships, providing timely and appropriate solutions to IT problems
> and keeping abreast of technical innovations underway and within the
> wider IT industry.
>
> A relevant IT qualification, tertiary qualification or proven experience
> in an IT support role would be an advantage for this demanding role.
>
> Closing Date: Friday 4 April
>
> To avoid spam, Drop me an email with your CV and I will forward it.
>
> (E-Mail Removed)
>
> regards
>
> thing
>
>


Ahhh...the ye olde Service Desk. Worst job in the entire IT field.
Pretty much a toilet really...where you just get **** on all day.
Internal ones aren't any better sorry. Desktop Support ****s something
up? You cop it from the customer. 3rd tier support ****s up? You cop it
from the customer. Bug in a program beyond your control? You cop it from
the customer. User error? You cop it from the customer. Hardware
failure? Yes, you cop it from the customer.

You're pretty much there to be yelled at.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Don Hills
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-29-2008
In article <47ed5939$(E-Mail Removed)>,
Bobs <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>Ahhh...the ye olde Service Desk. Worst job in the entire IT field.
>Pretty much a toilet really...where you just get **** on all day.
>Internal ones aren't any better sorry. Desktop Support ****s something
>up? You cop it from the customer. 3rd tier support ****s up? You cop it
>from the customer. Bug in a program beyond your control? You cop it from
>the customer. User error? You cop it from the customer. Hardware
>failure? Yes, you cop it from the customer.
>
>You're pretty much there to be yelled at.


.... and because the universal perception is that you're doing a poor job,
you get paid b-all for it.

--
Don Hills (dmhills at attglobaldotnet) Wellington, New Zealand
"New interface closely resembles Presentation Manager,
preparing you for the wonders of OS/2!"
-- Advertisement on the box for Microsoft Windows 2.11 for 286
 
Reply With Quote
 
Dave Taylor
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-29-2008
Bobs <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:47ed5939$1
@news.orcon.net.nz:

> Ahhh...the ye olde Service Desk. Worst job in the entire IT field.
> Pretty much a toilet really...where you just get **** on all day.
> Internal ones aren't any better sorry. Desktop Support ****s something
> up? You cop it from the customer. 3rd tier support ****s up? You cop it
> from the customer. Bug in a program beyond your control? You cop it from
> the customer. User error? You cop it from the customer. Hardware
> failure? Yes, you cop it from the customer.
>
> You're pretty much there to be yelled at.


If you go into that type of job with that attitude you burn out in weeks.
It can be rewarding when you get to fix things and train the user so they
know why things happen and how they can fix with your help. You can be an
enabler in that role. I know, I used to do it. You also learn heaps.

--
Ciao, Dave
 
Reply With Quote
 
Collector€NZ
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-29-2008
Dave Taylor wrote:
> Bobs <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:47ed5939$1
> @news.orcon.net.nz:
>
>> Ahhh...the ye olde Service Desk. Worst job in the entire IT field.
>> Pretty much a toilet really...where you just get **** on all day.
>> Internal ones aren't any better sorry. Desktop Support ****s something
>> up? You cop it from the customer. 3rd tier support ****s up? You cop it
>> from the customer. Bug in a program beyond your control? You cop it from
>> the customer. User error? You cop it from the customer. Hardware
>> failure? Yes, you cop it from the customer.
>>
>> You're pretty much there to be yelled at.

>
> If you go into that type of job with that attitude you burn out in weeks.
> It can be rewarding when you get to fix things and train the user so they
> know why things happen and how they can fix with your help. You can be an
> enabler in that role. I know, I used to do it. You also learn heaps.
>


Service Desk, My best people. Perhaps not as highly technical as the
engineers but valuable to us and we protect them from management and end
users, we stand no **** being given to them and as a result they
co-operate with us, we get the right detail in the call we get good
background data from them and it makes us "The Field Engineering Team"
very happy.

This unfortunately is not the norm for SD and it is true it is the
bottom of the IT food chain and lowly paid. We have a reasonably high
turn over in staff on SD not because they have it hard or are lowly
paid, but because like most SDs there is no internal career path and so
to get ahead they have to leave and go elsewhere as there skill level
increases.

All power to the SD and swear at one of mine and the engineers will be
round to see you waving a big stick.
 
Reply With Quote
 
seanmd3 seanmd3 is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1
 
      07-27-2011
hello thanks for the information you have provided. i will forward you my Cv. also if anyone is interested there are a lot more forums and blogs on it service on the web. it will be greatly helpful for people looking to work in companies providing it services
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Free Web Based Help Desk Software, Help Desk Solution And CustomerSupport Software cw Computer Support 0 12-22-2007 03:38 AM
Job title: $300 flat for job in perl, cgi, Visual Basic/Asp.Net, whatever online project swordedotcom Python 0 04-23-2006 05:35 AM
For Freshers & Job Seekers.. Sample Placement Papers, Job Details... zeronebdm@gmail.com Java 0 11-06-2005 08:03 AM
[Job] Symbian C++ job Julien Buratto C++ 2 02-03-2004 10:41 PM
xtra - apalling service + brain dead help desk = catastrophic failure Warwick NZ Computing 73 10-22-2003 11:51 AM



Advertisments