Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > MP3 Audio Player?

MP3 Audio Player?

Fake ID

I am looking for an XP PC MP3 Player similar to the old MusicMatch
(MM) player. MM was taken over by Yahoo but some of the features
were stipped.

The feature I can't find on any player now is the button on
MusicMatch that was called "Now Playing." It accessed a database run
by MusicMatch that took the Author, Track, and CD categories from
the ID3 tag of the MP3 and gave you a couple screen-fulls of
information about the artist, album, and historical background of
the song you were listening to. These reviews were very well
written.

Has anyone found a feature like that on any Audio Player for PCs?

Thanx

Posted with NewsLeecher v3.9 Beta 14
------------------- ----- ---- -- -

Lookout

On Thu, 27 Mar 2008 15:40:58 -0500, Fake ID <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I am looking for an XP PC MP3 Player similar to the old MusicMatch
>(MM) player. MM was taken over by Yahoo but some of the features
>were stipped.
>
>The feature I can't find on any player now is the button on
>MusicMatch that was called "Now Playing." It accessed a database run
>by MusicMatch that took the Author, Track, and CD categories from
>the ID3 tag of the MP3 and gave you a couple screen-fulls of
>information about the artist, album, and historical background of
>the song you were listening to. These reviews were very well
>written.
>
>Has anyone found a feature like that on any Audio Player for PCs?
>
>Thanx

Just go to allmusic.com and fill it in yourself. They also have most
of the album art. I have 3400 songs and I think I'm missing about 20
album covers.

sandy58

On Mar 27, 8:40 pm, Fake ID <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I am looking for an XP PC MP3 Player similar to the old MusicMatch
> (MM) player. MM was taken over by Yahoo but some of the features
> were stipped.
>
> The feature I can't find on any player now is the button on
> MusicMatch that was called "Now Playing." It accessed a database run
> by MusicMatch that took the Author, Track, and CD categories from
> the ID3 tag of the MP3 and gave you a couple screen-fulls of
> information about the artist, album, and historical background of
> the song you were listening to. These reviews were very well
> written.
>
> Has anyone found a feature like that on any Audio Player for PCs?
>
> Thanx
>
> --
> --------------------------------- --- -- -
> Posted with NewsLeecher v3.9 Beta 14
> Web @http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet
> ------------------- ----- ---- -- -

If any of these are good, repost.
MusicMatch Jukebox Plus 10.00.4040
DJ Jukebox 8.2
The JukeBoxer v3.9.0.0 (c) 2006 thejukeboxer.com
MediaMonkey 3.0.0.1109 RC3
MusicMatch Jukebox (v6.00.0255) - Free download (Is this the "old"
version?)
http://www.softlookup.com/download.asp?d=N&id=18759

Mitch

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Fake ID
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I am looking for an XP PC MP3 Player similar to the old MusicMatch
> (MM) player. MM was taken over by Yahoo but some of the features
> were stipped.
>
> The feature I can't find on any player now is the button on
> MusicMatch that was called "Now Playing." It accessed a database run
> by MusicMatch that took the Author, Track, and CD categories from
> the ID3 tag of the MP3 and gave you a couple screen-fulls of
> information about the artist, album, and historical background of
> the song you were listening to. These reviews were very well
> written.
>
> Has anyone found a feature like that on any Audio Player for PCs?
>
> Thanx

Such afeature wont be built into the program; it's a function of the
service you connect to -- that is, the player has to connect to some
server to get the info you mean.
As it is, most digital music players already support plenty of the
standard tags and will give you much of that info. But they are
connecting to public databases, AFAIK, to get it, and I don't know if
any have that 'review' info you mean.

I use iTunes, which stores all the tags and makes them easily editable,
and a Widget in Mac OS X looks up album art and lyrics when I play each
track.

Lookout

On Fri, 28 Mar 2008 14:56:52 -1000, Mitch <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Fake ID
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> I am looking for an XP PC MP3 Player similar to the old MusicMatch
>> (MM) player. MM was taken over by Yahoo but some of the features
>> were stipped.
>>
>> The feature I can't find on any player now is the button on
>> MusicMatch that was called "Now Playing." It accessed a database run
>> by MusicMatch that took the Author, Track, and CD categories from
>> the ID3 tag of the MP3 and gave you a couple screen-fulls of
>> information about the artist, album, and historical background of
>> the song you were listening to. These reviews were very well
>> written.
>>
>> Has anyone found a feature like that on any Audio Player for PCs?
>>
>> Thanx

>Such afeature wont be built into the program; it's a function of the
>service you connect to -- that is, the player has to connect to some
>server to get the info you mean.
>As it is, most digital music players already support plenty of the
>standard tags and will give you much of that info. But they are
>connecting to public databases, AFAIK, to get it, and I don't know if
>any have that 'review' info you mean.
>
>I use iTunes, which stores all the tags and makes them easily editable,
>and a Widget in Mac OS X looks up album art and lyrics when I play each
>track.

I tunes is a resource hog and it will corrupt your other programs.
Just do it manually with MusicMatch.

Mitch

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Lookout
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I tunes is a resource hog and it will corrupt your other programs.

Justify either of those claims?
You might be able to show the first in some degree -- the second seems
nonsense.

> Just do it manually with MusicMatch.

Do WHAT manually? The OP mentioned a couple things, I mentioned a
couple things -- and I don't see any clue what you might do manually.

Lookout

On Mon, 31 Mar 2008 06:58:58 -1000, Mitch <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Lookout
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> I tunes is a resource hog and it will corrupt your other programs.

>Justify either of those claims?
>You might be able to show the first in some degree -- the second seems
>nonsense.

I can't begin to list the sites dedicated to problems with the IPOD.

>> Just do it manually with MusicMatch.

>Do WHAT manually? The OP mentioned a couple things, I mentioned a
>couple things -- and I don't see any clue what you might do manually.

You can add the ID tag info manually including the album art.