Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Nested DataGrids

Nested DataGrids

Dave

If you drop a datagrid into an itemtemplate column of a
datagrid using VS.net, it doesn't get declared in the
designer code with

Protected WithEvents NestedGrid As
System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGrid

I presume that is why you can't pick up the ItemCommand
event of the NestedGrid if it has an ImageButton in it.
That being the case, does anyone know what you must do to
pick up the event?

I added the declaration but it didn't help. Seems like
you must pick up the datagrid somehow by accessing it
through the cells of the datagrid that contains it.

Thanks

Ray Dixon [MVP]

Hi Dave,

Here are a couple of articles on nested datagrids that might help:

http://www.standardio.org/article.aspx?id=155

http://www.developer.com/db/article.php/10920_2228761_1

Good luck!

--
Ray Dixon - Microsoft MVP
(remove NOSPAM. from my e-mail address for a direct reply)

news:048e01c34f85$dc2a4bf0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> If you drop a datagrid into an itemtemplate column of a
> datagrid using VS.net, it doesn't get declared in the
> designer code with
>
> Protected WithEvents NestedGrid As
> System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGrid
>
> I presume that is why you can't pick up the ItemCommand
> event of the NestedGrid if it has an ImageButton in it.
> That being the case, does anyone know what you must do to
> pick up the event?
>
> I added the declaration but it didn't help. Seems like
> you must pick up the datagrid somehow by accessing it
> through the cells of the datagrid that contains it.
>
> Thanks

SQL, XML, Nested Datagrids and the like David Lozzi ASP .Net 1 10-07-2005 08:59 PM
nested datagrids ProgramAnalyst ASP .Net 3 11-05-2004 08:59 PM
Edit Nested Datagrids Dave T ASP .Net 0 11-03-2003 07:08 PM
Nested DataGrids Dave ASP .Net 1 07-15-2003 05:03 PM
Re: Nested Datagrids Juliano Bortolozzi ASP .Net 0 07-14-2003 05:28 PM

Advertisments