Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Max Flash/Ram and highest IOS for 2500 series router

Max Flash/Ram and highest IOS for 2500 series router

Thomas75

is there any like that I can find out the maximum flash and ram
supported by

various 2500 series routers please? Also I need to find out the
hightest IOS that is supported.

Thank you in advance.

-Thomas

Doug McIntyre

Thomas75 <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>is there any like that I can find out the maximum flash and ram
>supported by various 2500 series routers please?

Fairly straightforward, they are all the same size. General rule of
thumb is 16M/16M, although there are a few rare 18M/16M varients. You
can find it out in the datasheets on cisco, although you probably
can't find a datasheet for a 25xx any longer, having them EOM since
before 2000 does that sort of thing.

Going to memory sites like memoryx.net gets you there 99% of the time
with excellent info and graphics of where things go.

>Also I need to find out the hightest IOS that is supported.

For that, you need to go to Cisco FeatureNavigator.
http://www.cisco.com/go/fn/

Looks like 12.3 is it, which is what I'd expect too.