Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Remote Backup

Remote Backup

Hollywood0728

Is anyone doing any kind of remote backup? We have our first customer that
wants to do this to our datacenter, but I have no clue whats even involved?

Thanks.

.rev [askthemct.com]

Several Software solutions come to mind ranging from Symantec to IBM to
Microsoft. Also depending on how much and why type of data and connections
exist you may find other options including Windows Backup, FTP, Copy etc....

--
..rev

www.askthemct.com
..
"Hollywood0728" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is anyone doing any kind of remote backup? We have our first customer
> that
> wants to do this to our datacenter, but I have no clue whats even
> involved?
>
> Thanks.

IT Geek

I agree, the amount of data they are trying to backup could
1. Kill your WAN link
2. Take forever.
I use Backupexec which is very good. Can you give more information on the
enviornment
news:(E-Mail Removed)...