Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > Online C tests

Reply
Thread Tools

Online C tests

 
 
sophia
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-26-2008
Dear all,

where can i get a good/valid certification in C programming
similar to the one given below

http://www.brainbench.com/xml/bb/com....xml?testId=52






 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Gerry Ford
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-26-2008


"sophia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Dear all,
>
> where can i get a good/valid certification in C programming
> similar to the one given below
>
> http://www.brainbench.com/xml/bb/com....xml?testId=52

The first thing I would do is turn to English orthography.

The whole "certification" thing I associate outside of the C programming
language.

Maybe you can make it germane.
--

"I am waiting for them to prove that God is really American."

~~ Lawrence Ferlinghetti


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Richard Heathfield
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-26-2008
sophia said:

> Dear all,
>
> where can i get a good/valid certification in C programming
> similar to the one given below


Make up your mind - did you want a good test, or the test you mention?

We looked at the Brainbench test some years ago, and identified a number of
serious issues with it.

--
Richard Heathfield <http://www.cpax.org.uk>
Email: -http://www. +rjh@
Google users: <http://www.cpax.org.uk/prg/writings/googly.php>
"Usenet is a strange place" - dmr 29 July 1999
 
Reply With Quote
 
santosh
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-26-2008
sophia wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> where can i get a good/valid certification in C programming
> similar to the one given below
>
>

http://www.brainbench.com/xml/bb/com....xml?testId=52

Don't you think a certification with an institute is better than an
online one? You'll find that in general online certifications are not
well regarded.

 
Reply With Quote
 
broli
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-26-2008
On Mar 26, 12:44 pm, santosh <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> http://www.brainbench.com/xml/bb/com...test.xml?testI...
>
> Don't you think a certification with an institute is better than an
> online one? You'll find that in general online certifications are not
> well regarded.



Do you know of some institute/organization which provide such
certifications in C ??
 
Reply With Quote
 
Jack.Thomson.v3@gmail.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-26-2008
On Mar 26, 1:50 pm, broli <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Mar 26, 12:44 pm, santosh <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >http://www.brainbench.com/xml/bb/com...test.xml?testI...

>
> > Don't you think a certification with an institute is better than an
> > online one? You'll find that in general online certifications are not
> > well regarded.

>
> Do you know of some institute/organization which provide such
> certifications in C ??


I'm a Brainbench C certified professional, believe me it doesn't make
any difference.
The only certifications that are considered valuable are the domain
related certifications.
Ex: Cisco Certifications.

~Jack
--------------------------------------
http://programmingsite.googlepages.com
 
Reply With Quote
 
santosh
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-26-2008
broli wrote:

> On Mar 26, 12:44 pm, santosh <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>

http://www.brainbench.com/xml/bb/com...test.xml?testI...
>>
>> Don't you think a certification with an institute is better than an
>> online one? You'll find that in general online certifications are not
>> well regarded.

>
>
> Do you know of some institute/organization which provide such
> certifications in C ??


This depends on the country doesn't it? Usually for a job in country X,
it's best to get a certification from a good organisation in country X.
And even a small amount of actual experience is worth several
certifications.

 
Reply With Quote
 
Jack.Thomson.v3@gmail.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-26-2008
> This depends on the country doesn't it? Usually for a job in country X,
> it's best to get a certification from a good organisation in country X.
> And even a small amount of actual experience is worth several
> certifications.


May be, i don't know about different country preferences, But
brainbench is not a standard certification to go for, I just went for
it when I was just out of my college hoping it could add a great value
to my resume. But it doesn't add any value, no body actually knows
about it, I was asked what is this Brainbench in almost all
interviews... So I finally took it out of my resume .

If somebody wants to show their language and technical skill then I
think writing their own tools and making it free source may add value,
Since it shows that the candidate possesses most of the skills
required for a project development.

~Jack
---------------------------------------------
http://programmingsite.googlepages.com


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Junit tests, setting up tests without having to create a billion methods xyzzy12@hotmail.com Java 8 02-28-2006 08:59 PM
Tests without study guides or practice tests? =?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXNS?= Microsoft Certification 8 12-20-2005 04:59 AM
Constant.t fails 240 of 272 tests and recurs.t fails 1 of 25 tests on HPUX using perl 5.8.7 dayo Perl Misc 11 12-16-2005 09:09 PM



Advertisments