Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Help with SPA3102, gateways, and dial plans, pls

Help with SPA3102, gateways, and dial plans, pls

Jose

Hi All,

I've been able to configure my SPA 3102 in a way that if I press #2
(to select gateway 2, for instance) and dial the number, the call goes
through; however, if I dial the number directly I get an error message
saying the "number is not available.

My dial plan is as below

(*xx|xx.|[2-9]x.<:@gw2>|00x.<:@gw2>|1x.<:@gw0>|<#1:>xx.<:@gw1>|< #2:>xx.<:@gw2>|<#3:>xx.<:@gw3>|<#0:>xx.<:@gw0>)

with [2-9]x.<:@gw2> I'm trying to make all calls starting with
either 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, or 9, go through gateway 2. It's not
working

with 00x.<:@gw2> I'm tring to make all calls starting with 00 go
through gateway 2. I havent' tested yet

with 1x.<:@gw0> I'm trying to make all calls starting with 1, go
through PSTN. It's not working either.

The instructions after these should be obvious, and they are working.

Sugestions, please?

Thank you,
Jose

Jono

Jose wrote :
> Hi All,
>
> I've been able to configure my SPA 3102 in a way that if I press #2
> (to select gateway 2, for instance) and dial the number, the call goes
> through; however, if I dial the number directly I get an error message
> saying the "number is not available.
>
> My dial plan is as below
>
> (*xx|xx.|[2-9]x.<:@gw2>|00x.<:@gw2>|1x.<:@gw0>|<#1:>xx.<:@gw1>|< #2:>xx.<:@gw2>|<#3:>xx.<:@gw3>|<#0:>xx.<:@gw0>)
>

> with [2-9]x.<:@gw2> I'm trying to make all calls starting with
> either 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, or 9, go through gateway 2. It's not
> working
>
> with 00x.<:@gw2> I'm tring to make all calls starting with 00 go
> through gateway 2. I havent' tested yet
>
> with 1x.<:@gw0> I'm trying to make all calls starting with 1, go
> through PSTN. It's not working either.
>
> The instructions after these should be obvious, and they are working.
>
> Sugestions, please?
>
> Thank you,
> Jose

Try taking out the "xx." (the second entry) which is matching any
number you dial and trying to send the call via your Line 1 voip
provider.....at a guess

Jose

On Tue, 25 Mar 2008 20:04:59 GMT, Jono <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>> My dial plan is as below
>>
>> (*xx|xx.|[2-9]x.<:@gw2>|00x.<:@gw2>|1x.<:@gw0>|<#1:>xx.<:@gw1>|< #2:>xx.<:@gw2>|<#3:>xx.<:@gw3>|<#0:>xx.<:@gw0>)

>Try taking out the "xx." (the second entry) which is matching any
>number you dial and trying to send the call via your Line 1 voip
>provider.....at a guess

Oh Lord, I though it was just saying that any dialed number should be
at least 3 digits long...

It's all working now. Thanks a lot!!

Best,
Jose

wrote:

>Try taking out the "xx." (the second entry) which is matching any
>number you dial and trying to send the call via your Line 1 voip
>provider.....at a guess

PS - Is Gateway 1 provider/account, or does it have to be, the same as
in Line 1??

Best,
Jose

Jono

Jose explained on 25/03/2008 :
> On Tue, 25 Mar 2008 20:04:59 GMT, Jono <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>> Try taking out the "xx." (the second entry) which is matching any
>> number you dial and trying to send the call via your Line 1 voip
>> provider.....at a guess

> PS - Is Gateway 1 provider/account, or does it have to be, the same as
> in Line 1??
>
> Best,
> Jose

Line 1 is distinctly different from gw1

Any string like xx. will send the call via your Line 1 provider, any
with @gw1 will send calls via gateway 1, etc.

Not all providers allow calls without registration....I'm not sure if
you can actually "register" the gw accounts.

BRIAAAN A? WHERE ARE YOU?

Jose

On Tue, 25 Mar 2008 20:45:36 GMT, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Jose) wrote:

>PS - Is Gateway 1 provider/account, or does it have to be, the same as
>in Line 1??

I've already found out the answer - by trial: NO.

Which means you can have 1 Voip provider for incoming calls, and 4
other Voip providers for outgoing calls - if you have the patience to
create the dial plans for all those, that is...

I'm happier having Voxalot as 1 of my "gateways", and creating my
routing rules there.

Best,
Jose

Jono

Jose formulated the question :
> On Tue, 25 Mar 2008 20:04:59 GMT, Jono <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>>> My dial plan is as below
>>>
>>> (*xx|xx.|[2-9]x.<:@gw2>|00x.<:@gw2>|1x.<:@gw0>|<#1:>xx.<:@gw1>|< #2:>xx.<:@gw2>|<#3:>xx.<:@gw3>|<#0:>xx.<:@gw0>)

>> Try taking out the "xx." (the second entry) which is matching any
>> number you dial and trying to send the call via your Line 1 voip
>> provider.....at a guess

> Oh Lord, I though it was just saying that any dialed number should be
> at least 3 digits long...

No, the . after the xx really says any number of any length.

> It's all working now. Thanks a lot!!

Glad you got there!

We've all been stumped by a dialplan at some time or another. Don't
believe anyone who claims otherwise.

Jose

On Tue, 25 Mar 2008 21:50:25 GMT, Jono <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

> Glad you got there!
>
>We've all been stumped by a dialplan at some time or another. Don't
>believe anyone who claims otherwise.

OK, I'm not so embarassed then ;-P

Is there any kind of priorities in a Linksys dial plan? For instance
if I had:

A) ([2-4]x.<:@gw1> | xx.) instead of

B) (xx. | [2-4]x.<:@gw1>)

would the numbers starting with 2, 3 and 4 go through gw1 (with dial
plan A)?

Best,
Jose

Jono

Jose formulated the question :
> On Tue, 25 Mar 2008 21:50:25 GMT, Jono <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>> Glad you got there!
>>
>> We've all been stumped by a dialplan at some time or another. Don't
>> believe anyone who claims otherwise.

> OK, I'm not so embarassed then ;-P
>
> Is there any kind of priorities in a Linksys dial plan? For instance
> if I had:
>
> A) ([2-4]x.<:@gw1> | xx.) instead of
>
> B) (xx. | [2-4]x.<:@gw1>)
>
> would the numbers starting with 2, 3 and 4 go through gw1 (with dial
> plan A)?

yes.....but there's still a lot of ambiguity - [2-4]x. or xx. would
match numbers like 2xxxxx. Are your numbers that begin 2-4 of a
specific length? If, for example they're 6 digit, use [2-4]xxxxxS0

What numbers are you trying to cater for?

Jose

On Tue, 25 Mar 2008 23:23:03 GMT, (E-Mail Removed) (Jose) wrote:

>Is there any kind of priorities in a Linksys dial plan? For instance
>if I had:
>
>A) ([2-4]x.<:@gw1> | xx.) instead of
>
>B) (xx. | [2-4]x.<:@gw1>)
>
>would the numbers starting with 2, 3 and 4 go through gw1 (with dial
>plan A)?

I suppose so , as I tried entering the infamous xx. into my dial
plan again, this time at the very end of the dial plan instructions,
an was able to route calls through the gateways.

So, no I've come up with something diferent, like this:

(00447x.<:@gw2> | 0044x.)

In order of priority, calls to numbers starting with 00447 will go
through gw2; but numbers starting with 0044 followed by any other
number, 7 already being excluded by the previous rule, will go through
Line 1.

Am I correct? (I'll only be able to test it tomorrow morning :-S )

Best,
Jose