Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Disabling <%= %>?

Reply
Thread Tools

Disabling <%= %>?

 
 
Josh Valino
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-25-2008
Hi,

I have a client that has our product and in one of the aspx files, there is
code like this:

<%= SomePublicProperty %>

where the public property returns a string. In the test environment at the
client's site, the value is being REsponse.Written as expected. In their
production environment, it is not. No errors or anything. It's just as if
that <%= %> line doesn't exist at all. Is there anything I should know
about at the IIS level, where they may perhaps have disabled server-side
scripts in aspx files?

Thanks


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
George Ter-Saakov
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-25-2008
Check the source. Do you see <%=...%> in HTML.
If yes then .NET is not installed in IIS and IIS serves the page as is.

George

"Josh Valino" <no spam please> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I have a client that has our product and in one of the aspx files, there
> is code like this:
>
> <%= SomePublicProperty %>
>
> where the public property returns a string. In the test environment at
> the client's site, the value is being REsponse.Written as expected. In
> their production environment, it is not. No errors or anything. It's
> just as if that <%= %> line doesn't exist at all. Is there anything I
> should know about at the IIS level, where they may perhaps have disabled
> server-side scripts in aspx files?
>
> Thanks
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Josh Valino
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-25-2008
Sorry, I should stated that. No, it doesn't show up. So, it seems to be
executing. The DLL that contains the value of this property is identical
(according to Beyond Compare 2, so they say), so I have reason to believe
that the property does still have a value. The only thing I can come up
with is that someone deleted the line out of the aspx file for some reason.
I'm waiting for them to send me the file but I figured I'd venture into the
remote possibility that it's an IIS configuration option.

Thanks


"George Ter-Saakov" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Check the source. Do you see <%=...%> in HTML.
> If yes then .NET is not installed in IIS and IIS serves the page as is.
>
> George
>
> "Josh Valino" <no spam please> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have a client that has our product and in one of the aspx files, there
>> is code like this:
>>
>> <%= SomePublicProperty %>
>>
>> where the public property returns a string. In the test environment at
>> the client's site, the value is being REsponse.Written as expected. In
>> their production environment, it is not. No errors or anything. It's
>> just as if that <%= %> line doesn't exist at all. Is there anything I
>> should know about at the IIS level, where they may perhaps have disabled
>> server-side scripts in aspx files?
>>
>> Thanks
>>

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-26-2008
One option is to add traces to the page. It makes things easier to 'debug'
in production, as you can have your client run the page and examine the
trace. This allows you to see what is going on wtihout having to send back
files.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP, MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

Subscribe to my blog
http://gregorybeamer.spaces.live.com/lists/feed.rss

or just read it:
http://gregorybeamer.spaces.live.com/

*************************************************
| Think outside the box!
|
*************************************************
"Josh Valino" <no spam please> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Sorry, I should stated that. No, it doesn't show up. So, it seems to be
> executing. The DLL that contains the value of this property is identical
> (according to Beyond Compare 2, so they say), so I have reason to believe
> that the property does still have a value. The only thing I can come up
> with is that someone deleted the line out of the aspx file for some
> reason. I'm waiting for them to send me the file but I figured I'd venture
> into the remote possibility that it's an IIS configuration option.
>
> Thanks
>
>
> "George Ter-Saakov" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Check the source. Do you see <%=...%> in HTML.
>> If yes then .NET is not installed in IIS and IIS serves the page as is.
>>
>> George
>>
>> "Josh Valino" <no spam please> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have a client that has our product and in one of the aspx files, there
>>> is code like this:
>>>
>>> <%= SomePublicProperty %>
>>>
>>> where the public property returns a string. In the test environment at
>>> the client's site, the value is being REsponse.Written as expected. In
>>> their production environment, it is not. No errors or anything. It's
>>> just as if that <%= %> line doesn't exist at all. Is there anything I
>>> should know about at the IIS level, where they may perhaps have disabled
>>> server-side scripts in aspx files?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>

>>
>>

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
automatic disabling of wireless connection while connected to wired net: howto? Chu Wireless Networking 2 09-27-2005 12:54 AM
Disabling SSID on Linksys WRT54GS router. Cannot disable ssid pattyjamas@hotmail.com Wireless Networking 6 08-18-2005 02:27 PM
Disabling XP firewall Geoff Wireless Networking 4 04-05-2005 02:16 PM
Disabling wireless acces on a domain =?Utf-8?B?am9obl9iYWdlcg==?= Wireless Networking 1 01-12-2005 11:54 PM
disabling html in messages Juha Pekka Lepparanta Firefox 1 10-27-2003 01:05 AM



Advertisments