Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Media player / Media Center?

Media player / Media Center?

Channelkat

I just installed Vista Ultimate 64. I have updated everything including
service pack 1, but media player still keeps giving me problems.

"Windows Media Player has stopped working

A problem has caused the program to stop working correctly.
Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

The problem seems to be the reason media center is giving me trouble when I
try to use it:

"Windows Media Center has lost its remote connection to media player and
needs to be restarted."

I have exhausted my troubleshooting skills (admittedly limited) and have not
been able to correct it. I have successfully installed other programs (Such
as Catalyst Media Center) to test out my system, and they seem to work fine.
Installed DIVX and it works just media player seems messed up.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Theo

Subject: Free Vista SP1 Support
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 09:47:39 -0400