Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > MCSE,MCSA 2000 certification expiry

MCSE,MCSA 2000 certification expiry

Aishu

HI ,

I would like to find out on the MCSE,MCSA 2000 certification is it expiring
soon , if so what can I do because am a MCSE,MCSA 2000 certified
professional, what are the exams that I look out for to upgrade maybe to
2008..if 2003 path is not there anymore

Aishu,
MCSE,MCDBA,MCSA (2000)

John R

"Aishu" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> HI ,
>
> I would like to find out on the MCSE,MCSA 2000 certification is it
> expiring
> soon , if so what can I do because am a MCSE,MCSA 2000 certified
> professional, what are the exams that I look out for to upgrade maybe to
> 2008..if 2003 path is not there anymore

MCSE/MCSA will never "expire". They will become irrelavant some day, but
they will not expire (at least not that Microsoft has admitted to).

You can upgrade to 2003 by taking 70-292 (MCSA) and 70-296 (MCSE). However,
these exams will retire as of March 31 (or thereabouts). You can also
upgrade to 2003 by taking 70-290 and 70-291 for MCSA, and then by taking
70-293 and 70-294 for MCSE. These exams will all be around for quite some
time.

If you are not interested in certification on 2003, then you will basically
start over on the 2008 certification path. There is no direct upgrade path
from 2000 to 2008, only from 2003. Note that MCSA and MCSE will not be
offered on 2008. The new certification structure is MCTS and MCIPT.

Check www.microsoft.com/learning for more information on certification.

John R

.rev [askthemct.com]

exams yes....actual certification no.

And even if you miss taking 292 and 296 before the end of this month you can
still upgrade to MCSE 2003 by taking 290,291,293,294.

--
..rev

www.askthemct.com
..
"Aishu" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> HI ,
>
> I would like to find out on the MCSE,MCSA 2000 certification is it
> expiring
> soon , if so what can I do because am a MCSE,MCSA 2000 certified
> professional, what are the exams that I look out for to upgrade maybe to
> 2008..if 2003 path is not there anymore
>
> Aishu,
> MCSE,MCDBA,MCSA (2000)

Adam

If you are already MCSE 2000, your credentials will not expire.

The path to 2003 is still there. There are 2 upgrade exams expiring at the
end of this month: 70-292 and 70-296. If you pass those 2 tests in the next
week, you will be MCSE 2003. After that, you can still take 70-290, 70-291,
70-293 & 70-294. Those 4 tests will upgrade an MCSE in 2000 to MCSE in
2003. There are no plans to retire any other MCSE 2003 exams. If you
happen to pass one of the upgrade exams but not the other, you can still
supplement 2 tests for the other one. For example, 70-290 and 70-291 are
the equivalent of 70-292, and 70-293 & 70-294 are the equivalent of 70-296.

This information is available on the following 2 Microsoft pages:

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...uirements.mspx
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...3/default.mspx

I am currently MCSE 2000 also. However, I waited too long to start studying
for the upgrade exams. Rather than try to cram for these 2 <supposedly
difficult> exams in less than 7 days, I am going to take my time and just
study for the 4 easier exams. Although I can upgrade with those 4, I am
also going to pursue MCSE: Security by taking an additional 3 tests: 70-298,
70-299 and 70-351. Im using ISA 2006 now, but will likely wait for an MS
Press training kit to be released before taking that one.

Good luck,
Adam

"Aishu" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> HI ,
>
> I would like to find out on the MCSE,MCSA 2000 certification is it
> expiring
> soon , if so what can I do because am a MCSE,MCSA 2000 certified
> professional, what are the exams that I look out for to upgrade maybe to
> 2008..if 2003 path is not there anymore
>
> Aishu,
> MCSE,MCDBA,MCSA (2000)

Chaz_001

You have two options to upgrade to MCSA/MCSE 2003.

1. 31st of March 2008 is when the upgrade exams expire so you have 6 days
left to pass the two upgrade exams: 70-292 (to get MCSA certification) &
70-296 (to get MCSE certification). You must do both these exams to get MCSE
2003 certification as passing 70-296 alone is not enough. This information
has been on Microsoft's website for many months now.

2. If you run out of time I believe you will need to take 4 exams 70-290 &
70-291 to become MCSA certified and then do 70-293 & 70-294 to then become
MCSE certified. Verify this with Microsoft first of all though.

There is no upgrade path from MCSA/MCSE 2000 to Server 2008 but there is for
MCSA/MCSE 2003. Certifications for Server 2008 are changing as well. I
can't be bothered to explain as you can find out on Microsoft's website.

Time to get those revision skates on if you want to do option 1, that is of
course if you can find a test centre to do both those exams once you have
done your revision

"Aishu" wrote:

> HI ,
>
> I would like to find out on the MCSE,MCSA 2000 certification is it expiring
> soon , if so what can I do because am a MCSE,MCSA 2000 certified
> professional, what are the exams that I look out for to upgrade maybe to
> 2008..if 2003 path is not there anymore
>
> Aishu,
> MCSE,MCDBA,MCSA (2000)

Aishu

Thanks alot guys , this piece of information has been really helpful....
Havent even looked at the materials yet so its going to be an adrenalin rush
to take up those 2 upgrade papers at this moment.....Lets see

rgds,
Aishu

"John R" wrote:

> "Aishu" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > HI ,
> >
> > I would like to find out on the MCSE,MCSA 2000 certification is it
> > expiring
> > soon , if so what can I do because am a MCSE,MCSA 2000 certified
> > professional, what are the exams that I look out for to upgrade maybe to
> > 2008..if 2003 path is not there anymore
> >

> MCSE/MCSA will never "expire". They will become irrelavant some day, but
> they will not expire (at least not that Microsoft has admitted to).
>
> You can upgrade to 2003 by taking 70-292 (MCSA) and 70-296 (MCSE). However,
> these exams will retire as of March 31 (or thereabouts). You can also
> upgrade to 2003 by taking 70-290 and 70-291 for MCSA, and then by taking
> 70-293 and 70-294 for MCSE. These exams will all be around for quite some
> time.
>
> If you are not interested in certification on 2003, then you will basically
> start over on the 2008 certification path. There is no direct upgrade path
> from 2000 to 2008, only from 2003. Note that MCSA and MCSE will not be
> offered on 2008. The new certification structure is MCTS and MCIPT.
>
> Check www.microsoft.com/learning for more information on certification.
>
> John R

Kenzo

hi man
All Tests related To Win 2000 will Expire at 31 March 2008 u have to upgrade
ur Certificate to Win 2003 or u will lose ut Certificate

John R

"Kenzo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> hi man
> All Tests related To Win 2000 will Expire at 31 March 2008 u have to
> upgrade
> ur Certificate to Win 2003 or u will lose ut Certificate

Now, why would you come and say stuff that is blatently false after several
other people have already given him correct and true information?

You will not lose your 2000 MCSE or 2000 MCSA. Those credentials will never
ever expire (at least, as of this writing. In the future, Microsoft may
change their minds). And, as of this writing, the testing dates for 70-292
and 70-296 have been extended into May 2008. Even after those two tests
retire, it will still be possible to upgrade your MCSA/MCSE from 2000 to
2003, you will simply have to take 70-290 and 70-291 instead of 70-292, and
you will have to take 70-293 and 70-294 instead of 70-296.

John R

Bonno Bloksma

Hi,

> I am currently MCSE 2000 also. However, I waited too long to start
> studying for the upgrade exams. Rather than try to cram for these 2
> <supposedly difficult> exams in less than 7 days, I am going to take my
> time and just study for the 4 easier exams.

Heard some scuttlebug today that the upgrade exams might available for the
next few weeks. Seems:
a) there are still several people who want to take them
b) several people like me opted for the second shot program but would not be
able to take the second shot if the exams retired monday.

p.s. Took my 292 and 296 this week and passed both. I'm MCSE 2003 now.
Only took a week and a half studying, but then I've been using Win2k3 for
the past few years.

--
Bonno Bloksma

VoIPCheap/Stunt/SIPDiscount/Et.al - Mobile - Top-up Expiry Period -- Campaign for Correct Expiry Period on Finarea VOIP Service Mobile Top-Ups News Reader UK VOIP 16 06-26-2006 05:03 PM
Recovery on Timer Expiry (ISDN Cause 102) Younus Cisco 0 12-14-2005 05:25 PM
ACS account expiry problem Tugger Cisco 0 01-13-2004 07:19 PM
recovery on timer expiry Hernan Cisco 0 01-08-2004 07:23 PM
Recovery on timer expiry Hamed Cisco 0 12-30-2003 11:41 AM

Advertisments