Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > DataView

DataView

grolms

Sorry for my bad englisch. I have qustation about
DatView .How this workind ? I mind , the databind is only
window to dataset . But if I add to dataview this not
added to dataset row ??? And if I in the datagrid call
edit item , then e.item.itemindex not corresponding to
dataset . where is trouble.

thanx
marek

Alvin Bruney

Think of the dataview as a window into a portion of the data. If you are a
looking at a picture of data you can look at it in certain ways and filter
it to bring out portions of the data of interest to you, but you can't touch
the data. Hope this picture helps you understand what is going on. For a
comprehensive book on the subject as well as other technologies related to
the data layer, see David Sceppa's book, programming Ado.Net.

"grolms" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:01a901c34e32$60069000$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Sorry for my bad englisch. I have qustation about
> DatView .How this workind ? I mind , the databind is only
> window to dataset . But if I add to dataview this not
> added to dataset row ??? And if I in the datagrid call
> edit item , then e.item.itemindex not corresponding to
> dataset . where is trouble.
>
> thanx
> marek

Sorted DataView, but unsorted datalist when bound to the dataview CodeMonkey ASP .Net 1 02-04-2011 10:55 AM
DataView.RowFilter doesn't work jacksu MCSD 5 04-20-2007 12:43 AM
DataTable and DataView Ruslan ASP .Net 3 10-30-2003 10:26 AM
Query on DataView.Sort Property Denzil ASP .Net 1 10-22-2003 11:01 PM
Re: non-unique indexes / dataview William \(Bill\) Vaughn ASP .Net 3 07-17-2003 12:33 AM

Advertisments