Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > Hardware > Need help with the functionality of Tape Drives.

Need help with the functionality of Tape Drives.

loga.cs loga.cs is offline
Junior Member

Hi All,

I have some problems with the usage of Tape Drives. In our project we have scheduled to take backup of Data files into a Tape Drive 2 times a week. The first backup used to happen successfully. But the second backup overwrites the First backup. We found that, the Tape gets rewind before starting the 2nd backup. How to over come this issue ? Is there any command to execute before the starting of the 2nd backup to make the Tape to stay in the same position ?

Regards
Loga