Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Setting up Vista / Xp Dual boot, but don't have Vista CD, onlyRecovery. MBR

Setting up Vista / Xp Dual boot, but don't have Vista CD, onlyRecovery. MBR

lbbss

I bought a Gateway computer ( http://tinyurl.com/2x5uwa ) with vista,
but it only comes with recovery CD not the original. I was
following the instruction as per this website http://tinyurl.com/3xepar.
So I installed xp successfully. Now at this point I should be putting
the vista cd and select repair to fix the bootloader. But I only
have the restore cd. I tried putting it in. The first screen it
gives me does not have the vista option. Instead it's a Gateway
recovery screen. You have two options, do you want to run from disc
or from small recovery partition on the hard drive. I assume if I
continue on this path it will partition my system back to one, just
like it was originally. Any ideas? Thanks.

sparrow.sign@yahoo.com

lbbss wrote:
> I bought a Gateway computer ( http://tinyurl.com/2x5uwa ) with vista,
> but it only comes with recovery CD not the original. I was
> following the instruction as per this website http://tinyurl.com/3xepar.
> So I installed xp successfully. Now at this point I should be putting
> the vista cd and select repair to fix the bootloader. But I only
> have the restore cd. I tried putting it in. The first screen it
> gives me does not have the vista option. Instead it's a Gateway
> recovery screen. You have two options, do you want to run from disc
> or from small recovery partition on the hard drive. I assume if I
> continue on this path it will partition my system back to one, just
> like it was originally. Any ideas? Thanks.

I didn't look at your links but Vista is difficult with other systems
including other windows.

Try googling dual booting vista To get a feel of what it needs.