Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > C drive free space disappear at 0.1M/Second

C drive free space disappear at 0.1M/Second

kelly

Dear all

My computer has very abnormal situation these days. The free space
used to be 22.4G is disappearing at 0.1M/Second when connecting with
internet, which means it will be full in hours. Symantec said there
were virus but it can not clear them. It reported as
Downloader.Trojan. I also downloaded other anti-virus software, but
not work.

I scanned the disk at safe mode by symantec, but it did not find any.

Currently, the clear disk tool can not clear as before. at the first
time i found this virus, clear disk can clear all and the free space
can return to 22.4G. But now, it can only clear 7G.

Does anyone encounter this before? i have no idea what kind of virus
it can be.
The OS is Windows XP Professional Ver 2002 Service Pack2.
i notice that the size of C:\Windows is very huge(24G) but the files
inside added up to 7G.

~_~

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

kelly <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Dear all
>
>My computer has very abnormal situation these days. The free space
>used to be 22.4G is disappearing at 0.1M/Second when connecting with
>internet, which means it will be full in hours. Symantec said there
>were virus but it can not clear them. It reported as
>Downloader.Trojan. I also downloaded other anti-virus software, but
>not work.
>
>I scanned the disk at safe mode by symantec, but it did not find any.
>
>Currently, the clear disk tool can not clear as before. at the first
>time i found this virus, clear disk can clear all and the free space
>can return to 22.4G. But now, it can only clear 7G.
>
>Does anyone encounter this before? i have no idea what kind of virus
>it can be.
>The OS is Windows XP Professional Ver 2002 Service Pack2.
>i notice that the size of C:\Windows is very huge(24G) but the files
>inside added up to 7G.

A log file can cause this, but you need to find the file to know what
to do.

Download Treesize http://www.jam-software.com/freeware/index.shtml

It allows multiple instances, meaning you run treesize on your HD, set
it aside, wait a bit and run another treesize on the drive.

Now between the two you will be able to find what directory/file has
increased.

--

Scientists strap camera to elephant's trunk and send it out in the jungle.
http://tinyurl.com/25e8e4

Dan C

On Mon, 24 Mar 2008 19:18:09 -0700, kelly wrote:

> My computer has very abnormal situation these days. The free space
> used to be 22.4G is disappearing at 0.1M/Second when connecting with
> internet, which means it will be full in hours. Symantec said there
> were virus but it can not clear them. It reported as
> Downloader.Trojan. I also downloaded other anti-virus software, but
> not work.

HAR!!! LOL!!! Goddam, it sucks to be a Windoze user, doesn't it?

Get a clue.

Meat Plow

On Mon, 24 Mar 2008 21:59:49 -0500, Dan **** wrote:

BWaaaaaaaaahahahahahahah

#1 Offishul Ruiner of Usenet, March 2007
#1 Usenet Asshole, March 2007
#1 Bartlo Pset, March 13-24 2007
#10 Most hated Usenetizen of all time
COOSN-266-06-25794

kelly

On Mar 25, 10:47*am, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> *kelly <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >Dear all

> >My computer has very abnormal situation these days. The free space
> >used to be 22.4G is disappearing at 0.1M/Second when connecting with
> >internet, which means it will be full in hours. Symantec said there
> >were virus but it can not clear them. It reported as
> >Downloader.Trojan. I also downloaded other anti-virus software, but
> >not work.

> >I scanned the disk at safe mode by symantec, but it did not find any.

> >Currently, the clear disk tool can not clear as before. at the first
> >time i found this virus, clear disk can clear all and the free space
> >can return to 22.4G. But now, it can only clear 7G.

> >Does anyone encounter this before? i have no idea what kind of virus
> >it can be.
> >The OS is Windows XP Professional Ver 2002 Service Pack2.
> >i notice that the size of C:\Windows is very huge(24G) but the files
> >inside added up to 7G.

> A log file can cause this, but you need to find the file to know what
> to do.
>
> Download Treesizehttp://www.jam-software.com/freeware/index.shtml
>
> It allows multiple instances, meaning you run treesize on your HD, set
> it aside, wait a bit and run another treesize on the drive.
>
> Now between the two you will be able to find what directory/file has
> increased.
>
> --
>
> Scientists strap camera to elephant's trunk and send it out in the jungle.http://tinyurl.com/25e8e4- Hide quoted text -

Yes, thanks. I download and run it.
It shows that there is a CSC folder under C:\Windows. the CSC size
reach to 18G, and it has 8 subfolders named as d1,d2,d3......d8. Do
you know what is folder mean? How to clear it?

Big thanks

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

kelly <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Yes, thanks. I download and run it.
>It shows that there is a CSC folder under C:\Windows. the CSC size
>reach to 18G, and it has 8 subfolders named as d1,d2,d3......d8. Do
>you know what is folder mean? How to clear it?

Try this

"To disable this feature, you should be able to open My Computer,
click on Tools > Folder Options" > Offline Files.

Disable offline files - unselect the option

Stole some of that from
http://blogs.msdn.com/oldnewthing/ar.../27/54712.aspx

You might have problems deleting the files, I don't know if you do
Google: C:\WINDOWS\CSC directory