Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Creating a yes/no messagebox in Javascript

Creating a yes/no messagebox in Javascript

John

Hi all,

Is it possible to create a Javascript messagebox that shows the buttons Yes
and No instead of normal confirm?

Regards
John.

Craig Deelsnyder [MVP]

The Javascript function is alert with some special parameters:

http://www.planetpdf.com/mainpage.asp?WebPageID=318

--
Craig Deelsnyder
Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET

Craig Deelsnyder [MVP]

OK, major braincramp on that one....I knew there was a way, did a quick
search, bam, my last answer...didn't apply whatsoever....

sorry bout that: try confirm:

http://javascript.internet.com/messa...o-confirm.html

--
Craig Deelsnyder
Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET

Vidar Petursson

Hi

No but you can create your own using showModalDialog for example
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...odaldialog.asp

--
Best Regards
Vidar Petursson
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi all,
>
> Is it possible to create a Javascript messagebox that shows the buttons

Yes
> and No instead of normal confirm?
>
> Regards
> John.

clintonG

All of which have become virtually useless as they are trapped
and blocked by the PopUp blockers.

--
<%= Clinton Gallagher
NET http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

LaGarde StoreFront 5 Affiliate: e-Commerce Software Development
SEE: http://www.storefront.net/default.as...RER=-201499070

"Craig Deelsnyder [MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news(E-Mail Removed)...
> OK, major braincramp on that one....I knew there was a way, did a quick
> search, bam, my last answer...didn't apply whatsoever....
>
> sorry bout that: try confirm:
>
> http://javascript.internet.com/messa...o-confirm.html
>

> On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 21:50:56 -0500, Craig Deelsnyder [MVP]
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > The Javascript function is alert with some special parameters:
> >
> > http://www.planetpdf.com/mainpage.asp?WebPageID=318
> >

> > On Sat, 19 Jul 2003 02:33:54 +0100, John <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> Is it possible to create a Javascript messagebox that shows the buttons
> >> Yes
> >> and No instead of normal confirm?
> >>
> >> Regards
> >> John.

> --
> Craig Deelsnyder
> Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET

Craig Deelsnyder [MVP]

mine doesn't do that....why would a popup blocker get involved with that
javascript? It's an 'alert' box, not a separate window.....even though
some sites love to also use alerts to advertise...

not to say blockers don't do this, I just didn't know they got that
'intrusive' (in my opinion).....

On Sat, 19 Jul 2003 10:15:37 -0500, clintonG
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> All of which have become virtually useless as they are trapped
> and blocked by the PopUp blockers.

--
Craig Deelsnyder
Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET

JohnPantoo JohnPantoo is offline
Junior Member

Hello Everyone,
n Java Script there are two types of message box for displaying information. One is known as “alert” and another one is known as “confirm”. If you want to display an alert or warning regarding programs then we use alert () method for displaying message box and if we want to take some confirmation from user then we use confirm () method for displaying message box........... for more details please check out the following links........................
http://mindstick.com/Articles/58db4d...0java%20script

Thanks a lot!!!!!!