Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > I can't use the asp.net debug mode for a particular project

I can't use the asp.net debug mode for a particular project

Leon

have a couple of asp.net projects(Say A and B projects). For A
project, I can use the debug mode so I can use the stepinto or
stepover functions to find bugs. But I can't use the bebug mode for B
project(although debug mode is set as "Debug" not "Release").
I didn't do anything to change the settings for this.

Any clue?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Ron McNulty

Try removing the reference to the second project then re-adding it. Make
sure you reference the project, not its target DLL. I found debugging
stopped when referencing the DLL.

Regards

Ron

"Leon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> have a couple of asp.net projects(Say A and B projects). For A
> project, I can use the debug mode so I can use the stepinto or
> stepover functions to find bugs. But I can't use the bebug mode for B
> project(although debug mode is set as "Debug" not "Release").
> I didn't do anything to change the settings for this.
>
> Any clue?
>
> Thanks a lot in advance.

TaeHo Yoo

Thanks Ron McNulty,

I think you are right. Since I am referencing a couple of dlls in the
project in which I can't use the debugger whereas I don't in the other
project.
But I can't understand your suggestion since I am a newbie.
So it would be great if you could explain more about "Make
sure you reference the project, not its target DLL".

When I added DLLs, I normally right-click on References directory and
select whatever I wish to use.
isn't it the wrong way to add it?

Thanks a lot Ron McNulty,

Leon

Ron McNulty

The Add Reference dialog has a Project tab. Select this, then browse for the
project you are adding.

Regards

Ron