Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Browser for folders.

Reply
Thread Tools

Browser for folders.

 
 
none
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-24-2008
Hi.

I have a site where I want to automatic list folders below.
index.htm -> where I want the foldernames below.
folder1
folder2
folder3


So my question is how can I do this with js or cgi


Regards Rstormo
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
mynameisnobodyodyssea@googlemail.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-24-2008
On Mar 24, 5:57*pm, none <""rstormo\"@(none)"> wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I have a site where I want to automatic list folders below.
> index.htm -> where I want the foldernames below.
> * * * * folder1
> * * * * folder2
> * * * * folder3
>
> So my question is how can I do this with js or cgi
>
> Regards Rstormo


What do you mean?
Like the option of showing the current folder content
at a URL http://yourdomain.com/somefolder/
where the index file is missing?
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
none
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-24-2008
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> On Mar 24, 5:57 pm, none <""rstormo\"@(none)"> wrote:
>> Hi.
>>
>> I have a site where I want to automatic list folders below.
>> index.htm -> where I want the foldernames below.
>> folder1
>> folder2
>> folder3
>>
>> So my question is how can I do this with js or cgi
>>
>> Regards Rstormo

>
> What do you mean?
> Like the option of showing the current folder content
> at a URL http://yourdomain.com/somefolder/
> where the index file is missing?

Yes that sounds like exactly what I mean.

some javascript, php or something. Tried php scandir() but that command
was not allowed. So maybee my server have an older version.


Regards rstormo
 
Reply With Quote
 
mynameisnobodyodyssea@googlemail.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-24-2008
On Mar 24, 7:16*pm, none <""rstormo\"@(none)"> wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> > On Mar 24, 5:57 pm, none <""rstormo\"@(none)"> wrote:
> >> Hi.

>
> >> I have a site where I want to automatic list folders below.
> >> index.htm -> where I want the foldernames below.
> >> * * * * folder1
> >> * * * * folder2
> >> * * * * folder3

>
> >> So my question is how can I do this with js or cgi

>
> >> Regards Rstormo

>
> > What do you mean?
> > Like the option of showing the current folder content
> > at a URLhttp://yourdomain.com/somefolder/
> > where the index file is missing?

>
> Yes that sounds like exactly what I mean.
>
> some javascript, php or something. Tried php scandir() but that command
> was not allowed. So maybee my server have an older version.
>
> Regards rstormo


You must be careful because this could add
extra links to be followed by search engines and
it might affect the way your site is crawled
by search engines and it might affect search results.

You can set at server level the way a URL
http://yourdomain/somefolder/
appears if there is no index file there.
If you have something like cpanel, have a look at
Advanced > Index Manager
For an Apache server that would add specific to your choices
Options and IndexOptions lines
to your .htaccess files.
 
Reply With Quote
 
none
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-24-2008
(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> On Mar 24, 7:16 pm, none <""rstormo\"@(none)"> wrote:
>> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>>> On Mar 24, 5:57 pm, none <""rstormo\"@(none)"> wrote:
>>>> Hi.
>>>> I have a site where I want to automatic list folders below.
>>>> index.htm -> where I want the foldernames below.
>>>> folder1
>>>> folder2
>>>> folder3
>>>> So my question is how can I do this with js or cgi
>>>> Regards Rstormo
>>> What do you mean?
>>> Like the option of showing the current folder content
>>> at a URLhttp://yourdomain.com/somefolder/
>>> where the index file is missing?

>> Yes that sounds like exactly what I mean.
>>
>> some javascript, php or something. Tried php scandir() but that command
>> was not allowed. So maybee my server have an older version.
>>
>> Regards rstormo

>
> You must be careful because this could add
> extra links to be followed by search engines and
> it might affect the way your site is crawled
> by search engines and it might affect search results.
>
> You can set at server level the way a URL
> http://yourdomain/somefolder/
> appears if there is no index file there.
> If you have something like cpanel, have a look at
> Advanced > Index Manager
> For an Apache server that would add specific to your choices
> Options and IndexOptions lines
> to your .htaccess files.

I understand that, but I need a script to do so. This because I will
have something more on that index page.
The page would have design but the folders are automatic generated.

Regards rstormo
 
Reply With Quote
 
mynameisnobodyodyssea@googlemail.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-24-2008
On Mar 24, 8:14*pm, none <""rstormo\"@(none)"> wrote:
> I understand that, but I need a script to do so. This because I will
> have something more on that index page.
> The page would have design but the folders are automatic generated.
>
> Regards rstormo


Maybe look at the PHP function opendir,
http://uk3.php.net/opendir


 
Reply With Quote
 
none
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-24-2008
(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> On Mar 24, 8:14 pm, none <""rstormo\"@(none)"> wrote:
>> I understand that, but I need a script to do so. This because I will
>> have something more on that index page.
>> The page would have design but the folders are automatic generated.
>>
>> Regards rstormo

>
> Maybe look at the PHP function opendir,
> http://uk3.php.net/opendir
>
>

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

This was what I looked for.

-snip
<html><body>
<?php
$dir = "./";

// Open a known directory, and proceed to read its contents
if (is_dir($dir)) {
if ($dh = opendir($dir)) {
while (($file = readdir($dh)) !== false) {
echo "filename: $file : filetype: " . filetype($dir .
$file) . "\n";
}
closedir($dh);
}
}
?>
</body>
</html>
-snap


Regards Rstormo
 
Reply With Quote
 
mynameisnobodyodyssea@googlemail.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-24-2008
On Mar 24, 9:17*pm, none <""rstormo\"@(none)"> wrote:
> Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.
>
> Regards Rstormo


With your links automatically generated,
I repeat, check that they are OK to be crawled by
search engines, check that your robots.txt file
is up to date.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Try this Latest Firefox browser at http://browser.friendsrus.net subs2me@gmail.com Firefox 9 12-28-2005 09:20 AM
Re: Browser plug-in to interact with browser DKM Java 15 06-12-2005 02:11 AM
Browser information not being sent to the Domain Master Browser Russell Stamper Cisco 1 10-12-2004 08:14 PM
Avant browser and MyIE2 browser becoming increasingly popular. Issues? xyZed HTML 9 05-12-2004 09:50 AM
Browser levels, PDAs and browser sniffing Lauchlan M ASP .Net 2 08-17-2003 04:58 PM



Advertisments