Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > java web start .jar file location

java web start .jar file location

alex_us01

Hello,

When a .jar file is downloaded via Java WebStart,
where is it downloaded?

I use Windows XP.

thanks,
Alex

Knute Johnson

alex_us01 wrote:
> Hello,
>
> When a .jar file is downloaded via Java WebStart,
> where is it downloaded?
>
> I use Windows XP.
>
> thanks,
> Alex

To the cache if there is room. I don't know where that is physically.

--

Knute Johnson
email s/nospam/linux/

Roedy Green

On Mon, 24 Mar 2008 08:35:02 -0700 (PDT), alex_us01

see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/javawebstart.html#FILES
--

Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
The Java Glossary

Lew

Knute Johnson wrote:
> alex_us01 wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> When a .jar file is downloaded via Java WebStart,
>> where is it downloaded?
>>
>> I use Windows XP.
>>
>> thanks,
>> Alex

> To the cache if there is room. I don't know where that is physically.

It's a client-side configuration item.

--
Lew

Andrew Thompson

On Mar 25, 12:28*pm, Lew <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Knute Johnson wrote:
> > alex_us01 wrote:
> >> Hello,

> >> When a .jar file is downloaded via Java WebStart,
> >> where is it downloaded?

> > To the cache if there is room. *

> It's a client-side configuration item.

Well put. But I think this question would
best be approached by asking a question of
the OP.

What feature do you wish to offer to the end
user by knowing this information?

--
Andrew T.
PhySci.org

Arne Vajhøj

Lew wrote:
> Knute Johnson wrote:
>> alex_us01 wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> When a .jar file is downloaded via Java WebStart,
>>> where is it downloaded?
>>>
>>> I use Windows XP.
>>>
>>> thanks,

>> To the cache if there is room. I don't know where that is physically.

> It's a client-side configuration item.

A very simple JWS app could reveal it.

Arne

Andrew Thompson

On Mar 26, 11:41*am, Arne Vajhj <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> A very simple JWS app could reveal it.

Care to share this 'very simple' JWS app. that could
reveal the cache location* in *both Java 1.5 as well
as Java 1.6?*

* There was some hackish code that worked to reveal
the info. for 1.5, but it broke in 1.6.

There are almost certainly better strategies to
achieving the ultimate goal. Since we still do
not know what the ultimate goal is, this problem
cannot be adequately resolved.

--
Andrew T.
PhySci.org