Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Access is denied - Folder is private?

Access is denied - Folder is private?

=?Utf-8?B?cmljaGtpbTIwMDA=?=

I have a wireless network between 2 computers: a desktop and a wireless
laptop. When I first established the network, file sharing worked fine.
However, something happened and the laptop cannot connect to the My Documents
folder on the desktop. I get an "Access is Denied" error message.

I have looked in the Sharing and Security tab properties of My Documents and
have found the following:

1) "Share this folder on the network" check box is CHECKED and GRAYED. (I
cannot uncheck the box b/c it's gray.)
2) "Make this folder private" check box is CHECKED and GRAYED. (I cannot
uncheck the box b/c it's gray.)

My laptop can still connect to any other folder on my desktop. How do I fix
My Documents network sharing if I can't uncheck the boxes?

Bob Noble

Try dragging, my documents. to the Shared Documents folder, under my
computer in windows explorer.
If you go there from the other computer it should now be available.
Anything you drop in there, removes the denied stuff.

--Bob Noble
www.sonic.net/bnoble
news:(E-Mail Removed)...