Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Handling Events: Web user control VS. Std ASPX page

Handling Events: Web user control VS. Std ASPX page

Michael Craig

Hello,
I have written an application using the calendar control in a regular aspx
application, to prove I could get the functionality I wanted. Which is to
display the current month and populate the date cells with events kept in a
database. I'm using the DayRender event of the calendar control to query the
database and insert new label controls into each cell, for each event.

Here's the problem..

When using the same logic in a web user control (.ascx) the events to not get
redrawn when the selected month is changed. (ie. July is displayed on load with
an event on the 4th displayed, you select August and return to July, but the
event is not displayed) I have tried with view stated enabled and disabled. It
seems like the DayRender event is not fired on a VisibleMonthChanged event, but
only when it's inside a user control. In my test app (.aspx) it seems to work
fine.

Any ideas?

I'll attach the .ascx file for your perusal...

Thanks in advance!

Michael

p.s. This will be used in the IBuySpy Portal application (if that helps)