Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > no 64 bit installer

no 64 bit installer

aplus

I tried to install Vista SP-1 on my Vista Business 64 bit system but received
a message to try a 64 bit installer. Is Microsoft going to offer SP-1 for 64
bit systems?
Anyone can e-mail me directly at http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed). Thanks, APLUS

Clayton

Windows6.0-KB936330-X64-wave0.exe

"aplus" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I tried to install Vista SP-1 on my Vista Business 64 bit system but
>received
> a message to try a 64 bit installer. Is Microsoft going to offer SP-1 for
> 64
> bit systems?
> Anyone can e-mail me directly at (E-Mail Removed). Thanks,
> APLUS

Dustin Harper

Yes, this link gives you the full SP1 for x64.

It's a 726 MB file, so bring a fast connection!

--

Dustin Harper
(E-Mail Removed)

"aplus" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I tried to install Vista SP-1 on my Vista Business 64 bit system but
>received
> a message to try a 64 bit installer. Is Microsoft going to offer SP-1 for
> 64
> bit systems?
> Anyone can e-mail me directly at (E-Mail Removed). Thanks,
> APLUS

Theo

There has been both 32-bit and 64-bit versions from the
beginning.

aplus wrote:
> I tried to install Vista SP-1 on my Vista Business 64 bit system but received
> a message to try a 64 bit installer. Is Microsoft going to offer SP-1 for 64
> bit systems?
> Anyone can e-mail me directly at (E-Mail Removed). Thanks, APLUS

aplus

Thanks guys for the link. The download worked, but the machine is not able
to run it and I get an internal error. In addition, the machine fails with
updates as well. Any help is appreciated.

Aplus
"Dustin Harper" wrote:

> Yes, this link gives you the full SP1 for x64.
>
> It's a 726 MB file, so bring a fast connection!
>
> --
>
> Dustin Harper
> (E-Mail Removed)
> http://www.vistarip.com | Vista Resource & Information Page
>

> "aplus" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I tried to install Vista SP-1 on my Vista Business 64 bit system but
> >received
> > a message to try a 64 bit installer. Is Microsoft going to offer SP-1 for
> > 64
> > bit systems?
> > Anyone can e-mail me directly at (E-Mail Removed). Thanks,
> > APLUS

Theo

You don't provide enough information to make an analysis.

Also check out the link(s) below for help with SP1:

Subject: Free Vista SP1 Support

For U.S. Support:

Select your country:
http://support.microsoft.com/common/...=1&gprid=11732