Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > How do linkers work?

How do linkers work?

Antoninus Twink

On 29 Mar 2008 at 8:14, Herbert Rosenau wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Mar 2008 20:57:27 UTC, jacob navia <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>> Herbert Rosenau wrote:
>> > On Thu, 27 Mar 2008 23:15:03 UTC, jacob navia <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> > wrote:
>> >
>> > nothing of substance like any twit does, proving again that his
>> > knoledge base does contain nothing of substance relating to the
>> > programming language known as C.
>> >
>> > jacob navia <(E-Mail Removed)> likes to prove that his brain is
>> > shrinked to thing that there is nothing than windows and Ix86 iis
>> > existing. So he proves himself constantly as twit.
>> >

>> You said yesterday that C "doesn't need a CPU"...

> The twit jacob navia <(E-Mail Removed)> proves himself as liar one
> again.
>
>> I see now that for posting in usenet a brain is not necessary
>> either.
>>

> We know already that jacob navia <(E-Mail Removed)> is brainless,
> thanks to remember that.

Completely insane.

Dik T. Winter

In article <(E-Mail Removed)> http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)lid writes:
> jacob navia said:
> > [Herbert Rosenau] said yesterday that C "doesn't need a CPU"...
> >
> > I see now that for posting in usenet a brain is not necessary
> > either.

> Well, that has been clear for quite some time. Nevertheless, it is
> certainly the case that it is possible to write, and indeed to read, C
> programs without a CPU. C programs can be written, and read, on paper. To
> demonstrate this, I invite you to turn to K&R2, page 8, where you will
> find a short C program. I don't think you will have any difficulty in
> following the program logic in your head - no CPU required.

In the beginning years of Algol 60 at one point the ACM decided that all
algorithms published in the CACM should be in Algol 60. At that time an
Algol 60 compiler was not yet available for any computer.