Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > namespace

namespace

Carmen Sei

the follows defined -
xmlnssd
xmlns:sql

namespace, does that means we are only using XSD tags + SQL tags?
Other tags are invalid?

Will XML editor like XMLSpy actually goes to the URL and get the tag
list of each namespace??

Since when I use the XML editor, it automatically give me hint for the
tags / attribute to type.

Does the tag list stores in the schema located on the web??

================

<xsd:schema xmlnssd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
xmlns:sql="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:mapping-schema">

<xsd:element name="station" sql:relation="stations" >
<xsd:complexType>

<xsd:sequence>
<xsd:element name="callSign" type="xsd:string" />
<xsd:element name="name" type="xsd:string" />
<xsd:element name="affiliate" type="xsd:string" />
</xsd:sequence>
<xsd:attribute name="id" type="xsd:integer" />
</xsd:complexType>
</xsd:element>

<xsd:element name="map" sql:relation="lineups" >
<xsd:complexType>
<xsd:attribute name="station" type="xsd:integer" />
<xsd:attribute name="channel" type="xsd:integer" />
<xsd:attribute name="from" type="xsd:string"
sql:field="fromdate" />
</xsd:complexType>
</xsd:element>

</xsd:schema>

Peter Flynn

Carmen Sei wrote:
> the follows defined -
> xmlnssd
> xmlns:sql
>
> namespace, does that means we are only using XSD tags + SQL tags?
> Other tags are invalid?

No, namespaces are just labels.

> Will XML editor like XMLSpy actually goes to the URL and get the tag
> list of each namespace??

No. That would have been useful but impracticable.

> Since when I use the XML editor, it automatically give me hint for the
> tags / attribute to type.

Yes, that's what an XML editor is for.

> Does the tag list stores in the schema located on the web??

Yes. That's what a Schema is for.

///Peter
--
XML FAQ: http://xml.silmaril.ie/