Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Sessions not working

Sessions not working

Helen G

Hello

We have a asp.net solution which consists of 5 projects. Up until a few
days ago, when we deployed the solution on our webserver all was fine. We
were copying the dll's and aspx pages to the appropriate folders.

However for the past couple of days the deployed site will no longer work as
no session variables are being created or updated. We have set a number of
session variables in the application start, but these are not being created.

We have tried re-booting the server, and various IIS setups (it is IIS 5.0
as far as I know). We have also set it up on a new webserver with no luck.

We are out of ideas, and wondered if anyone else had an idea.

Thanks in advance
Helen.

Carl Prothman [MVP]

Helen,
Did you install any anti-virus software? In particular, if the anti-virus software
"touches" the web.config, your application will be restarted, and hence you will
lose your session vars.

If not, then take a look at the following MS KB search. There are a number
of reasons why your application is losing Session state - depending on it's
configuration.

http://support.microsoft.com/search/...sults=&QuerySo
urce=gASr_Query&Product=aspnet&Queryc=session&Quer y=session&KeywordType=ANY&maxResults=25&Titles=fal se&numDays=

--

Thanks,
Carl Prothman

"Helen G" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote