Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Re: Thunderbird problems

Re: Thunderbird problems

Leonidas Jones

Dave wrote:
> i posted a while back about a problem with the presentation of the
> thunder bird window. the lower pane is larger than it needs to be and my
> 85 year old father is very frustrated.
> I had a suggestion to remove the localstore.rdf file and all will be
> better, well it didn't work.
> I really need more suggestions before he throws it out the window .
> Attached is a word file with the screen shot of the browser. Please
> notice the size of the lower part of the acreen under the small light bulb.
>
> Please help as I'm only here for a day and a half.
>
> Thanks!!!!
>
> Dave

He has an incompatible extension. Open TB in Safe Mode from the Start
Menu. Disable all extension. Restart TB in normal mode. Reenable
extensions one by one until the problem extension is flind, then remove
it. Look here for more information:

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Gray_bar_below_status_bar

Lee