Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Write permissions for ASPNET user on Windows 2003

Write permissions for ASPNET user on Windows 2003

Jose Lopes Moreira

I am deploying an application on a Windows 2003 server. This
application needs to write files to a folder. On IIS 5 this worked
fine by granting permissions to the ASPNET user. The aspnet_wp.exe
process could create the files.

But in Windows 2003 I notice that process w3wp.exe is used instead.
This process is trying to create the files at
\windows\system32\inetsvr\ and not on my folder.

What is the user that has to be granted privileges for this to work? I
tried NETWORK SERVICE, but it didn't work.