Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Multiple Charger for 20D/30D/40D battery?

Multiple Charger for 20D/30D/40D battery?

mail@davindhillon.com

Hi all, I recently purchased a canon 40d as a more compact to my 1D
range.
I find the one at a time battery charge for the little batteries a
little time consuming.
Does anyone know of any multiple chargers for these batteries. Would
love a 4x charger in one unit, or will settle for a 2x charger.
Look frward to hearing some feedback.
Cheers,
Dav

Frank ess

> Hi all, I recently purchased a canon 40d as a more compact to my 1D
> range.
> I find the one at a time battery charge for the little batteries a
> little time consuming.
> Does anyone know of any multiple chargers for these batteries. Would
> love a 4x charger in one unit, or will settle for a 2x charger.
> Look frward to hearing some feedback.
> Cheers,
> Dav

If I recall correctly, Canon have a 2x, but it charges one, then the
other. Same difference as one charger 2x. I have two singles, but
seldom need recharging within a day on either 20D or 5D. They shoot a
/lot/ between refills. It is good to be able to plug in a day's worth
of juice and not have to wake up to change reservoirs.

--
Frank ess

Cynicor

Frank ess wrote:

> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> Hi all, I recently purchased a canon 40d as a more compact to my 1D
>> range.
>> I find the one at a time battery charge for the little batteries a
>> little time consuming.
>> Does anyone know of any multiple chargers for these batteries. Would
>> love a 4x charger in one unit, or will settle for a 2x charger.
>> Look frward to hearing some feedback.
>> Cheers,
>> Dav

> If I recall correctly, Canon have a 2x, but it charges one, then the
> other. Same difference as one charger 2x. I have two singles, but seldom
> need recharging within a day on either 20D or 5D. They shoot a /lot/
> between refills. It is good to be able to plug in a day's worth of juice
> and not have to wake up to change reservoirs.

Impact makes one. Don't know what battery type the 40d uses though.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...rt_Li_Ion.html

Ali

The first question has to be what '1D' range? There are different
batteries.

Second question has to be, each body comes with it's own charger. How is
this time consuming to put the batteries in the chargers?

I apologize if I have misread your post, but for me I don't understand it.

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi all, I recently purchased a canon 40d as a more compact to my 1D
> range.
> I find the one at a time battery charge for the little batteries a
> little time consuming.
> Does anyone know of any multiple chargers for these batteries. Would
> love a 4x charger in one unit, or will settle for a 2x charger.
> Look frward to hearing some feedback.
> Cheers,
> Dav

Frank ess

Ali wrote:
> The first question has to be what '1D' range? There are different
> batteries.
>
> Second question has to be, each body comes with it's own charger.
> How is this time consuming to put the batteries in the chargers?
>
> I apologize if I have misread your post, but for me I don't
> understand it.

You have to let your mind roll on: you spend a long day shooting, two
cameras that use the same energy cell. You're tired You get back to
the hotel, plug in your charger and battery one. You retire. In the
very early morning you get up and find you have one charged battery.
Sure, you could set your alarm and interrupt your sleep, but wouldn't
it be better to plug in two chargers and batteries, and sleep
uninterrupted?

Geddit?

--
Frank ess

measekite

Ali wrote:
> The first question has to be what '1D' range? There are different
> batteries.
>
> Second question has to be, each body comes with it's own charger. How
> is this time consuming to put the batteries in the chargers?
>
> I apologize if I have misread your post, but for me I don't understand
> it.
>

> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi all, I recently purchased a canon 40d as a more compact to my 1D
>> range.

How much difference do you really notice on images up to 16x20?
>> I find the one at a time battery charge for the little batteries a
>> little time consuming.
>> Does anyone know of any multiple chargers for these batteries. Would
>> love a 4x charger in one unit, or will settle for a 2x charger.
>> Look frward to hearing some feedback.
>> Cheers,
>> Dav

World Traveler

On Mar 22, 9:48*am, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Hi all, I recently purchased a canon 40d as a more compact to my 1D
> range.
> I find the one at a time battery charge for the little batteries a
> little time consuming.
> Does anyone know of any multiple chargers for these batteries. Would
> love a 4x charger in one unit, or will settle for a 2x charger.
> Look frward to hearing some feedback.
> Cheers,
> Dav

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~
The Canon 40D is my preferred camera for a number of reasons.
Including the one battery insert.
With the charger included in the original setup kit, if you purchased
one additional battery, you have the option of always having one
charged and ready to go, while one is in use.
Or, the chargers are available from Canon.com which would allow you to
charge as many batteries as you feel a need for in the course of the
day.
For me, during the day while I shoot indoors, I operate the cam from a
sync connection, and use the battery power for outdoor use.
Just a thought...

Kindest Regards,
Victoria

mail@davindhillon.com

On Mar 22, 6:22*pm, Cynicor <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Frank ess wrote:
>
> > (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> >> Hi all, I recently purchased a canon 40d as a more compact to my 1D
> >> range.
> >> I find the one at a time battery charge for the little batteries a
> >> little time consuming.
> >> Does anyone know of any multiple chargers for these batteries. Would
> >> love a 4x charger in one unit, or will settle for a 2x charger.
> >> Look frward to hearing some feedback.
> >> Cheers,
> >> Dav

> > If I recall correctly, Canon have a 2x, but it charges one, then the
> > other. Same difference as one charger 2x. I have two singles, but seldom
> > need recharging within a day on either 20D or 5D. They shoot a /lot/
> > between refills. It is good to be able to plug in a day's worth of juice
> > and not have to wake up to change reservoirs.

> Impact makes one. Don't know what battery type the 40d uses though.
>
> http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc..._DPBCG_DP_BCG_...

Thanks Frank...your posts are spot on. I am going to purchase multiple
batteries for this new body (40d) and the idea of charging them one by
one before a shoot isnt exciting me. At least my 1d has a charger
capable of 2 at a time charging. I'll head out and try and find the 2x
charger you recalled. Thanks again.

William Hathaway via PhotoKB.com

You don't say if you are traveling on foot or in a car. If you are in a car
you might think about buying a small inverter to make AC to plug your charger
into. I have a camp that is off the grid and that is how I get a little bit
of power to run my laptop and charge any rechargeable batteries that many
need charging.

Have a good day.

William

Cynicor

William Hathaway via PhotoKB.com wrote:
> You don't say if you are traveling on foot or in a car. If you are in a car
> you might think about buying a small inverter to make AC to plug your charger
> into. I have a camp that is off the grid and that is how I get a little bit
> of power to run my laptop and charge any rechargeable batteries that many
> need charging.

Speaking of rechargeable, has anyone tried one of these solar recharger
bags?
http://www.eclipsesolargear.com/prod...7&idproduct=18