Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > VISTA 64-Bit IE7 Restarts Itself

VISTA 64-Bit IE7 Restarts Itself

Drucifer

Vista 64-bit IE7 will close all IE7 windows and restart itself if any
IE7 window is closed.

And yes, I have a finger scan sensor. Believe it is an AuthernTec Inc.
AES2501A that built into my HP HDX.

Drucifer

VISTA SP1 cleared the problem on first test. Now to find out what SP1
broke.

Drucifer

On further testing -- opening up a second IE7 window will result in
the same trouble when you try to close it -- all IE7 windows close and
IE7 restarts.

John Barnes

Are you talking about IE7 32 or 64-bit versions. Most of these problems are
caused by addons. If you are talking about IE32, use the one in system
tools Start/all programs/accessories/system tools/IE no addons

"Drucifer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Vista 64-bit IE7 will close all IE7 windows and restart itself if any
> IE7 window is closed.
>
> And yes, I have a finger scan sensor. Believe it is an AuthernTec Inc.
> AES2501A that built into my HP HDX.

Drucifer

I seem to lose the IE7 Restart problem when I remove the Google
Toolbar.

I'll keep it out for awhile and see how the second IE7 window reacts
when it is close.

Drucifer

On Mar 22, 1:51*pm, "John Barnes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Are you talking about IE7 32 or 64-bit versions. *Most of these problems are
> caused by addons. *If *you are talking about IE32, use the one in system
> tools * Start/all programs/accessories/system tools/IE no addons

As stated - 64-Bit

I have narrow it down to the very popular Google Toolbar Beta v5

Theo

Drucifer wrote:
> On Mar 22, 1:51 pm, "John Barnes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Are you talking about IE7 32 or 64-bit versions. Most of these problems are
>> caused by addons. If you are talking about IE32, use the one in system
>> tools Start/all programs/accessories/system tools/IE no addons
>>

> As stated - 64-Bit
>
> I have narrow it down to the very popular Google Toolbar Beta v5

Maybe I'm taking things for granted, but I cannot find any
information about the Toolbar that implies it is thought to
work in a 64-bit environment nor in Vista. If I can't find
definitive information that a program is specifically
advertised as being Vista or x64 compatible, I assume it is not.

Colin Barnhorst

The Google Toolbar system requirements at
http://www.google.com/support/toolba...10&topic=11744
states: "The Toolbar isn't compatible with 64-bit operating systems at this
time."

"Drucifer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
On Mar 22, 1:51 pm, "John Barnes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Are you talking about IE7 32 or 64-bit versions. Most of these problems
> are
> caused by addons. If you are talking about IE32, use the one in system
> tools Start/all programs/accessories/system tools/IE no addons

As stated - 64-Bit

I have narrow it down to the very popular Google Toolbar Beta v5

John Barnes

To you it may be clear, but it is not clear whether you were talking about
Vista64 or IE64. Either way, Theo and Colin have your answer.