Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Re: DIVs and overflow scroll bars

Re: DIVs and overflow scroll bars

S. Justin Gengo

I don't know if this would work but what happens if the div is in a table?

You could try setting the table's first row to a fixed pixel height for the
header and the second table row height to 99%. Then maybe if the div tag is
inside the second table row its 100% setting will make it fill the table row
and not the whole page?

I have no idea if this will work. It's just an idea to try.

--
S. Justin Gengo, MCP
Web Developer

Free code library at:
www.aboutfortunate.com

"Out of chaos comes order."
Nietzche
"(Liquid) Daniel Bass" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> a pic's worth a thousand words so if you can make sense of the attached
> image do you know if it's possible?
>
> basically say you set a DIV style to have 90% width and height and set
> overflow to auto, where elements inside it overflow, the DIV element will
> produce scroll bars...
> and so if view the page in different resolution, or browser view size, you
> know the div will always occupy a 90% X 90% of the visible page and use
> scroll bars to allow the user to view other content...
>
> well, i want to konw if i can have a format whereby i can use 100% width,
> and a certain height so that i can have a no scrollable header, and the

rest