Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > aspx - string from method from in inherited class not working

aspx - string from method from in inherited class not working

steven shingler

Hi all,
tricky to explain this one:

have got a class called Language which extends System.Web.UI.Page

Language has a method "getText()" which returns a string:

Ok - - now I've got an aspx page called Welcome.aspx

The code behind page is Welcome.aspx.cs and it extends the Language
class

In the aspx, i want to call the getText method.

I thought that <%= getText() %> would do the trick, but it isn't
working for me.

I'm thinking its because of the the method being in the super-class,
but the method and both classes are declared public.
Is there a way around this?
Am I being at all clear?

Many Thanks for taking a look
cheers